Polycraft Boats

emetic

Hey mate,

We have a poly boat made by Triumph Boats. They are mighty strong and have some pretty good designs.

We have the 170CC which is a 17ft centre console and it is quite a good boat, definitely worth a look. Put Triumph Boats into a search engine and you will find their website.

What size are you looking for and what are your main uses going to be?

Josh

ok i'm pretty much after an open style boat with tiller steering and probably 30-50hp engine for my first boat. Plan is to fish bays, estuaries and outside occaisonally on very calm days.

would i be best to go for a 4.5 polycraft or a similar sized tinny? what would be better value for money?

Any suggestions on good deals going at the moment?

Cheers

We have a friend with a polycraft 4.3 or 4.5m open boat but he uses it for a rental place he owns and only has 15hp which was cut down a bit further i think so it really struggles to get on the plane in that case.

They are quite heavy boats but are a very good platform in terms of stability and space.

Cheers

Josh

The 445 Poly would be ideal for what you are after and they arent that expensive,heavy boat which needs the max 50 hp donk to perform.

I have the 4.1 side console ,but it is better suited to inshore fishing and I couldnt be happier with it.

3yrs and counting and I wouldnt swap it for any other boat for stability and fishability.

Sammy0084 had the 445 and he used to take it to the near FAD without dramas.

Contact Sammy and ask him a few questions.

Cheers Stewy

Yep, as Stewy has just said. My 455 sees regular fad work in summer as well as regular trips 15 k's north and south of swansea heads, also sees regular dam work, lake work and river work.

Very versatile boats and all but indestructible. (and no they dont melt in the summer :wacko: )

Cheers

Geoff

IMGP1639.jpg

there is a mob in Q.L.D. bring in flexihull boats, they are a 6.2 long boat style, and will not need a lot of h.p about 90 i think so this so this should help keep costs down, as a poly craft owner i can recommend them to one and all it is by far the best boat i have owned so far most of my boating is dune around Jervis Bay and have found that the 4.1 open v nose punt i have is perfect.

at this point i would say that if the wind gets above 20kts its time to head home or stay home what ever the case may be after all it is a small boat and it is better to err on the side of safety than push your luck.