Led Lights On Trailer

suttonscurse

Hi guys

Following on to my last 2 posts I have decided to keep my Stacer 525 / 90Hp Etec combo and use external storage when down at batemans bay . (again thanks to Huey from Huett Marine).

I would appreciate a bit of advice re trailer lights .

On the Dunbier trailer I currently have a set of of "Submers-A-Lite" lights which apart from the occasional blown globe have worked well.

As i will be doing a lot more distance towing ( 260km each way) Is it worthwhile coverting across to a set of high quality LED lights? (brands? cost?) - I have already taken the standard trailer tyres off (ok for local short distance but I don't trust them for extended expressway work)and replaced them with a quality brand 175R13 6 ply light truck tyre.

I am looking for reliability and also brightness of lights (the trip up/down Mt Ousley can be rather hairy when the fog rolls up the escarpment).

Any advice would be appreciated.

regards Bill

Edited by Suttons Curse

Hi guys

Following on to my last 2 posts I have decided to keep my Stacer 525 / 90Hp Etec combo and use external storage when down at batemans bay . (again thanks to Huey from Huett Marine).

I would appreciate a bit of advice re trailer lights .

On the Dunbier trailer I currently have a set of of "Submers-A-Lite" lights which aprt from the occasional blown globe have worked well.

As i will be doing a lot more distance towing ( 260km each way) Is it worthwhile coverting across to a set of high quality LED lights? (brands? cost?) - I have already taken the standard trailer tyres off (ok for local short distance but I don't trust them for extended expressway work)and replaced them with a quality brand 175R13 6 ply light truck tyre.

I am looking for reliability and also brightness of lights (the trip up/down Mt Ousley can be rather hairy when the fog rolls up the escarpment).

Any advice would be appreciated.

regards Bill

regards Bill

Bill

i run LED lights and they are prone to other problems. You must make sure the wire join is well up and it is sealed with heat shrink (the type that has glue as well) because corrossion will head down the wire and into the LED board. I recently replaced my clearance lights and went to a truck Asc place in wetherill park. I got genuine Hella LED lights for what the no names would have cost else where. They seem good and bright so far.

Good luck