Is My Boat To Small For The Harbour

kingfishercam

post-6472-1225793827_thumb.jpgGday , Im keen to try the kingfishing this summer in the known haunts of kingies in the harbour , My concern is that i only have a 3.8 mtr stacer tinny and im unsure wheather i will be safe in the harbour , i usually fish botany bay without a hastle but we all know how busy the harbour gets and the difference of size of the boat traffic. I was after everyones opinion , Am i to small ?or should i give it a go? also if anmyone can reccommend a place to launch and fish for the kings , in my position. Thankyou all very much. cam.

mate you can rent smaller boats than yours from rose bay so you should be alright. Just be aware of the swell though... it can get pretty choppy on the harbour on some days.

As for places to launcg, go to rose bay boat ramp. Get there early though... its gets really buzy really early these days...

Early mornings tend to be calmer in the Harbour , so if you can get out early , you should be OK . Be advised though , that a NE wind can make the Harbour a bit lumpy !!! I have even caught kings around the moored boats in Rose Bay , so it may be an option as well.

Ross

Ye mate shouldn't be a problem, have seen smaller boats than that out in the harbour, as mentioned though be careful of the swell and keep an eye out for the ferries because they don't seem to care too much whats in front of them.

You could put in at rose bay, roseville or tunks park at cammeray.

Launching from Rose Bay will allow you to fish a lot of markers in that main harbour region as well as a few other spots but other wise there are plenty of good spots to fish in middle harbour as well.

Josh