Harbour Fish Today

Bawley

Managed a fish at a place called milk beach around vaucluse way........ not a bad spot.. managed a few blackfish, 2 fan bellied jackets, bream and a surgeon fish...... geez they go hard.......... ready to be cooked in olive oil, butter and some lemon... anyone tried surgeon fish before... the filletts are really transparent. they look ok.... cheers tight lines to all!

post-6358-1225871722_thumb.jpg

Surgeons are great tasting- better than Blackfish. Did it put up a good fight?

WENT HARD ALRIGHT..... BENT MY HOOK BUT I LANDED HIM...... I GOT SPIKED BY HIM THOUGH.. AND IT WAS MORE PAINFUL THAN A BABY FLATHEAD SPIKE....... NOT BAD ON THE BBQ..... I PREFER THE BLACKIES BETTER.....

did you see the razor sharp `scalpel`blades near the tail?- that's how they got their name, lucky you didn't get slashed by that!. BBQ Surgeon...hmmmm might have to try that next time :wacko:

yeah i noticed their blades.... i thought they may have derived there name from them. the spines on their backs are also razor sharp and mate they sting like hell. My hand was swolen from two spikes from them. will know better next time.....re the bbq...... very nice....i recommend them...