Kingie Heaven

erroll

Hey Raiders,

When out for a short notice session yesterday with a mate from work. Pulled up to get some livies and am always encouraged when that doesn't take too long. Started off with a couple out the back, one high and one low. It wasn't long before both yakkas got stolen in very short order. We hurriedly rebaited and kept going but in a matter of minutes the reel goes buzzzzzzz....... I just can't get enough of that sound. We had obviously stumbled across a couple of hungry ones. But we would have never anticipated getting amongst a really hot kingie bite and spent the next couple of hours fighting the beasts. The tally, 8 boated, 3 kept (72, 78 and 84cms), lost 6 or so during the fight. Had a nice one wrapped around the downrigger wire and I could feel him sawing himself to freedom, very frustrating. Normally that would have really pissed me off, what with some many on the bite, it seemed less annoying. Even ran out of yakkas and had to go back and get some more to continue the fight... I have not seen anything like it, amazing, all before midday. Plenty of high 5s, handshakes and yelling all round.

Just ate a feast of kingfish tonight. The good thing about all this is that the little lady :wife: never seems to mind me dissappearing to go wet a line if I return with a feed, problem is, not all days are like yesterday unfortunately. Here's a pic of the couple I kept.

Bring on summer....

post-7148-1226222692_thumb.jpg

50/50 Josh to start with and bigger fish at the surface, smaller models on the DR, but later in the morning the DR seemed to be getting hits more often though. They were boiling on the surface at one point just off the back of the boat beating up my recently released surface yakka!

Thanks Dan, I wish I could join in. Not complaining though, saturday was an absolute blast. Really going to have to manage my expectations now...... I bet I go zip for the next outing. Having said that, I will be living off this one for a while.

Cheers

Thanks Mark, I have not tried them on the fly yet, somehow I think my 6 weight might be a little light for these bruisers. Bring on summer.