Hawkesbury + Pittwater On Boat

mattycoss

hey guys

so still a bit of an amateur i guess; even though ive been fishing for going on 20 years haha, but finally had an awesome day out on the water the other day where couldnt seem to do much wrong. perfect weather too; just a great way to spend a day

first of all went out near the heads outside the hawkesbury river here in nsw; we were using light gear which im seriously looking at upgrading this week, caught quite a few large yellowtail and rock fish (cod/wrasse, not really sure).....all a good size and put up a good fight but didnt have much use for them so they went back to fight another day

after not really catching any of the bread and butter fish we were after at that spot, even thoguh the fishing was great and almost non-stop; we motored across to pittwater and drifted around there. first of all over the weed beds hoping for some squid with the jigs but didnt have any luck at all; didnt even see any being followed; so went up towards the basin and drifted using these new berkley powerbait soft plastics; which id previously doubted but now doubt ill fish with anything else ever again...it was amazing the fish were going after them even when they werent being jigged

ended up catching 4 large flathead between us (although only one was mine; but the 4 between us description sounds better haha); i got a PB of 40cm (considering my best effort before that was 20 odd cm i was pretty happy.....tasted great too) and my mate got 3, although lost 2 right at the boat......also had 5 or 6 large fish bust off which was disappointing and got to wonder what could have been if fishing with heavier line but its all part of the fun...lesson learnt for next time. ended up going home with one decent flathead each and all in all it was a great day's fishing

hope everyone had a great weekend too and hopefully see some of you out on the water soon!

matt

2vj3gvb.jpg