Can An Electric Motor Be Fitted To My Boat?

glennmreid

I have a 4.50m Bermuda Island Coral runabout. As I have started to do a bit of freshwater fishing, I was considering an electric motor. Is it possible to fit an electric to my boat? I have a slight angle on the front of my boat, and railings. Not sure if it is possible. I did consider a transom electric, but don't have room there. Plus, I think I would rather something with foot pedals.

post-3324-1226398412_thumb.jpg

post-3324-1226398421_thumb.jpg

post-3324-1226398440_thumb.jpg

Yep, my cousin had a ready made bracket he bought for the step of his transom that we just put the rear mounted electric on when we want to and slid up and tilt out when traveling. He has a stacer bow rider though, and had it fitted by a marine servocing guy who orgianised it for him. It only sits about 5 inches above the transome step and is on the opposite side to his ladder. but i think you could probably put it on the same side as the laddder to leave one setp free of obstructions.

Edited by Poddy Trapper

Glenn,

Have a chat with Geoff(Mr Dalucius) as he has a pretty good handle on mounting bow mounts to half cabs and may be able to help you out :biggrin2:

Cheers Stewy

Glenn

This was a boat i looked at during the year, it is a factory fit and would require the skills of fabricator to convert a normal boat over. If i "leccey" ours this is how i will do it. As a retrofit you could do something simalar very neatly by routing some marine ply, but it will still require the bow rails cut and modified.

post-4477-1226612122_thumb.jpg

Glenn

This was a boat i looked at during the year, it is a factory fit and would require the skills of fabricator to convert a normal boat over. If i "leccey" ours this is how i will do it. As a retrofit you could do something simalar very neatly by routing some marine ply, but it will still require the bow rails cut and modified.

thanks mate. looks like a great way of doing it.