Sydney. Rose Bay Saturday

Yarraone

:wacko: As we were packing the boat, a storm's brewing :1badmood: So myself and Abu-man were getting ready for our first trip to Sydney Harbour. The rain stops and we hit the road about 11.30pm. We arrive at Rose Bay ramp at about 3am and start to get the boat ready to launch. We decide to try catching some squid from the wharf and the jetties with no luck, maybe it is our technique! :wacko: So then we decide before we get the boat off, to go to the fish markets and get some good quality squid. We then put the boat in and head out from the ramp at about 5.45am.

The first spot we try is just inside South Head near the marker buoy. SOunder looks promising, with a few fish and a nice drop off, not very deep, a couple of taps, but nothing hooked. After an hour or so we decided to try trolling and trawled across to North Head and around Sow and Pigs. As we are heading across to S&P we get our first double hook-up . Both had good weight, both were screaming line. Mine was the first to stop as i was spooled. :ranting2: Abu-man was still having a good fight and he managed to get some line back, and then snap!!! :ranting2: So, we hung around for a little while with no luck, then tried CLifton Gardens, Goat Island and all the other marker buoys and back into Rose Bay- all with no luck.

There was no action to be seen on the surface anywhere- by lunch time the rain had eased but the wind had picked up. A bit after lunch the clouds cleared for a short while, and the sun came out which was nice. After talking to others it seemed to be a bad day all round, with no-one actually getting any fish. Not sure if it was our technique or just the wrong spots or just the day in general. Disappointing after travelling from Bathurst. :( To top it all off, the water pump on my motor gave in so we had to head back to the ramp early. :05:

Did anyone else have any luck yesterday? Hoping our next visit to the Harbour is a more productive one, or that we can meet up with some other Fishraiders that will give us some hints or show us how to catch this Kingy i keep hearing about!

Good luck to those on the water today!

Hey Yarraone,

Saw your reply to my post. I think it was just a sudden change in the water temp and the conditions were not that good with a falling barometre, although I think i would have taken the southerly over last thurs/fri noreaster.

It's a bit of a drag to come from the bush to hit the coast and luckout but, hey that's fishing. Bathurst is close compared to my 1100 k round trip. Only us mad fishos would be that keen :1prop: I will be making my trip next year closer to Christmas. Just a hint too much winter water left with trevally and sweep about at the moment.

Good luck next time. Shame you didn't get to land the two you hooked. I'd say they were kings as there were a lot of fish about that area all week but they just wouldn't play fair.

Cheers,

BP.

Bad luck you couldn't get into anything mate.

What line were you trolling with? There are some mighty big kings that hang around North Head, that might've been what spooled you.

Josh

We were useing 30lb braid o oneof the rod's and 40 lb mono on the other

Hi,

I went out on a charter on the Harbour on Friday.

We had a shocker of a day also. No squid could be found. Found some large Kings near the Opera house but no hook ups.

:1badmood:

Hey Hugeted,

was that you we saw at roseville boat ramp? I had to go back and get my hat. We stayed out for hours. I heard you guys saw the kings and couldn't get them going. At least you saw some :mad3:

Cheers,

BP.