10-15kg Spinning Rod

MrGenius

Looking for a 10-15kg spinning rod or possibly up to a 24kg if its a better option around the 7' mark

It will be matched to a reel loaded with 30-50lb braid.

Primary uses will be bottom bashing, big plastics and live baiting.

Any suggestions for something that fits the bill?

Cheers,

Nathan

Edited by MrGenius

Hi Nathan

7ft for bottom bashing and live baiting might be a little long. 7ft 24kg sticks are usually popper rods, great for casting but not the best fighting larger fish straight up and down.....

Maybe try a little shorter like the Saltigas

SG HIRAMASA 63S Spin 6’3” 2 225 90–210 PE 4 14kg Power jerk/power lift/jig

SG GAME 68S-3 Spin 6’8” 2 170 60–120 PE 3 7kg Light game, light jig, casting

I have both models and the Game 68s is a perfect all rounder for casting and bait fishing.

Greg

Hi Greg,

In reality i dont think ill be fighting any large fish straight up and down haha just the usual average size reef species when out on a charter.

I wanted closer to 7ft so when i go up north i could chuck some poppers and big plastics etc but heavier than the rods i already have.

I might be dreaming to get something that suits both?

Thanks for the reply

Cheers,

Nathan

Hi there.

I have just bought a 10-15K Live Fibre for pretty much the same reasons. It is the RLF8 model and its 6'6. There is a 7' 8-15K model. The only reason I didn't buy that one was because it is one piece and would have trouble taking it the plane to go on holiday. :1fishing1:

alasdair

Hi there.

I have just bought a 10-15K Live Fibre for pretty much the same reasons. It is the RLF8 model and its 6'6. There is a 7' 8-15K model. The only reason I didn't buy that one was because it is one piece and would have trouble taking it the plane to go on holiday. :1fishing1:

alasdair

That sounds like a good option ill have to go and check that one out :thumbup:

Whats your price range?

For the $100 mark its hard to go past the good ol Ugly Stik.

Happy to spend up to 250 for the rod but value for money is what im looking for which is where the ugly stik will fit in.

Penn make a rod called the 950 , A tackle shop has them on sale for $ 38 dollars i own 4 use them for Bottom bashing , Caught a king of 12 kg this year in january with one , Caught a jewie at 15kg with the same rod . You used to be able to buy the 950 penn spinfisher reel plus rod for under $ 200 dollars . Best rod and reel combo on a Budget .

Hope This helps Dogtooth... :1fishing1: ....John.... :beersmile:

• 1 month later...

After looking at all the different options i ended up getting a Crystal Blue 10-15kg 6'6"

Cant have a new rod and put an old reel on it so now i require a reel...

3 Reels that were suggested

1. Penn 750SSM

2. Okuma EC-90 or EV90 cant remember

3. Shimano 6500 baitrunner

Any other suggestions that would suit around the 200 pineapple mark fire away.

Want to run 30-50lb braid on it

Cheers,

Nathan

I would look at the Penn Slammers. At that price you'll get a very smooth & powerful reel, better suited to braid than the spinfishers or B'runners, (I also have these) and a MUCH better drag. I think they are the most underrated & underpriced reel in the country. With the silstar rod it would make a bang for your buck hero.

• 1 month later...