Fishing The Hawkesbury

austfox

Hi Fish Raiders

Myself and a few friends are going to the Hawkesbury (Brooklyn)this Sunday to fish in the river. Now I am new to NSW fishing so I am looking for some advice from experience Hawkesbury fisherman.

I have a few questions;

1, what type of fish do you recommend trying to catch? (I am looking for something for supper)

2, Bait, hooks and line that I should use?

3, any hot spots I could try?

I’d like to say thanks to anyone who finds the time to help me out. Like I have mentioned I am new to the area and could do with a few points in the right direction.

Many thanks

Benjo

Hi Fish Raiders

Myself and a few friends are going to the Hawkesbury (Brooklyn)this Sunday to fish in the river. Now I am new to NSW fishing so I am looking for some advice from experience Hawkesbury fisherman.

I have a few questions;

1, what type of fish do you recommend trying to catch? (I am looking for something for supper)

2, Bait, hooks and line that I should use?

3, any hot spots I could try?

I’d like to say thanks to anyone who finds the time to help me out. Like I have mentioned I am new to the area and could do with a few points in the right direction.

Many thanks

Benjo

LB. I'm planning on fishing near the structures, ie the bridges...

Fish around the Railway Bridge on high tide and run out, Big Flathead and Jew taken there, long walk from Brroklyn Station but worth it, fresh fillets and Squid work well.

On high tide you can cast lures around towards the pylons, can get you fish like that too, soft plastics worked along the bank there gets you good Flathead.