Bass On!

Bream Mad

Hi Raiders,

After being without transport for 3 weeks I was itching to have a crack at the local Bass when condition’s improved. Hit the local on the weekend between rain storms armed with a new camion hoping to run into bronze battlers.

Water was still discoloured and high but fishable none the less

First cast nowhere in particular and a boil indicated interest straight away :thumbup: as I begin the slow roll ‘BANG’ I am on to a typical feisty little bass

post-2475-1227563073_thumb.jpg

From then on it is mayhem and the next dozen casts yield 8 more wonderful little bass, the best going just under 30cm :biggrin2:

Confidence is obviously soaring and every retrieve get smacked by the hungry little fellows

post-2475-1227563087_thumb.jpg

I cast into the tail of the next pool and the camion is hammered by a bigger fish which retreats powerfully under a large rock. I wade in to retrieve ‘cave man’ and eventually pull out this dark fellow from under the rock.

post-2475-1227563100_thumb.jpg

Soon I loose track of numbers as every pool yield more hungry bass, but always in the back off my mind is the last pool which usually holds a big fish.

I eventually reach the last pool and cast into the head of the pool and ‘BANG’ a big bass nails the camion and makes powerfully for the snag on the opposite bank, I pull her out of that one and she dives into the snag at my feet, eventually after a spirited fight I cradle this 37cm bronze beauty for a few pics before release

post-2475-1227563155_thumb.jpg

Wow what a session, does fishing get any better!! 20+ fish in 1.5 hours all released

Bring on Summer and cicadas !!!

a stream that feeds into the hawkesbury :1prop:

thats all I am saying, sorry mate

:biggrin2: You're a cagey bugger Kael :biggrin2: If I had access to that sort of action I would keep it to myself too ;)

Great report mate. You certainly got on to a hot session :1yikes: That's a terrific looking outfit you are using. Keep the reports and photos coming mate. A great read as usual :thumbup:

Cheers

Hodgey

:biggrin2: You're a cagey bugger Kael :biggrin2: If I had access to that sort of action I would keep it to myself too ;)

Great report mate. You certainly got on to a hot session :1yikes: That's a terrific looking outfit you are using. Keep the reports and photos coming mate. A great read as usual :thumbup:

Cheers

Hodgey

Thanks mate pleasure as always

the spot is good but hard to get to (no tracks) but as you well know with Bass timing IS everything

the outfit is very japanese all JDM daiwa and very light and sensitive (280 grams) still debating mono or braid as braid is TOO sensitive, know any soft leader material?

cheers

kael