Pb King Botany Bay

roger

spent the morning flicking plastics around the bay

saw a large school of surface feeding kings

got smashed 4 times using 10lb gear :05: (there,s one king out there with about 130m of 10lb braid following it)

maritime guys turnt up did a quick inspection of boat & gear etc, while watching me getting smoked by a monster, line was just disappearing and I could do nothing with drag set at max

the school then dived & disappeared

I picked up my heaviest gear @ 12lb

loaded the plastic & started random flicks about 45mins later and bang away we go

30 mins of back breaking runs, fishing solo landed my PB 92cm king

1/2 way thru the fight my 2nd rod, loaded with a pilly tail was also getting hit, it was a smaller fish

both fish landed smaller one @ 55cm

thx to the guys that took the photos

Congratulations on your P.B. Sounds like they were going off, would have been some awesome fun. Shame about gettin spooled & loosing all that braid. At least you've got a good fish to show for it.

got smashed 4 times using 10lb gear :05: (there,s one king out there with about 130m of 10lb braid following it)

maritime guys turnt up did a quick inspection of boat & gear etc, while watching me getting smoked by a monster, line was just disappearing and I could do nothing with drag set at max

loaded the plastic & started random flicks about 45mins later and bang away we go

1/2 way thru the fight my 2nd rod, loaded with a pilly tail was also getting hit, it was a smaller fish

Beautiful fish :thumbup: