Livebait Spots?

pauljm

Hey raiders...wondering where all you guys get your yakkas from cos we used to get plenty in front of the shacks near dobroyd head but havent seen any there for ages??? I was told around further from balmoral so i assume he might have meant in front of the navy land there? Any help much appreciated!

Yes mate around balmoral is one of the most popular spots, around the island that protrudes out, fish in about 12ft of water and you should do pretty well, it can get a bit busy though.

I've had pretty good success around some of the small beaches in north harbour, mainly for small yakkas.

Cheers

Josh

Yes mate around balmoral is one of the most popular spots, around the island that protrudes out, fish in about 12ft of water and you should do pretty well, it can get a bit busy though.

I've had pretty good success around some of the small beaches in north harbour, mainly for small yakkas.

Cheers

Josh

Yeah thanks for that josh...i think we will have to put some more time in to catching them cos at the moment we burley up for 5 minutes and if theres nothing there we head straight outside.. going back a few years we had no probs in catching them like this but thats all changed now. Thanks for the reply and happy fishing!

Yeah thanks for that josh...i think we will have to put some more time in to catching them cos at the moment we burley up for 5 minutes and if theres nothing there we head straight outside.. going back a few years we had no probs in catching them like this but thats all changed now. Thanks for the reply and happy fishing!

Try finger wharf at woollomooloo (spelling) evrytime im down there there is always a couple of guys pulling them out every couple of minutes. i went and got a hand line from ***** and gave it a shot myself and i pulled about 10 out in 30 mins.

Could also try in watsons and rose bay + over near fairlight. Or even go after squid??