Stonesville

taloyoak

Hi everyone,

Whilst most of you unlucky bastards had to work, I got to go fishing. ( I am rubbing it in because soon I will be only able to fish 1 or 2 days a week, as opposed to everyday at the moment).

Luderick 59 called me at the crack of dawn, and we decided to go to his neck of the woods- Mona Vale.

Tide was going towards high, and we couldn't fish too close to the suds so we worked a gutter. Pete has this place dialed in, he knows all the spots to catch blackies and pigs, places that I would never of even looked at. Just as I got to Mona Vale, he was already fishing and had a hook up. I ran down to him to see what it was, he seemed to think it was a Pig, because it was like a knife fight in a dark alley.

Then Ta Dah!- A Happy Moment ( Siganus nebulosus ) or Black Trevally. It was around 30cm. I was laughing, because they are great fighters, but Pete wasn't too happy from this anti-climax. He promptly returned it to the suds.

A couple of minutes later, BANG!.... and guess what?, lol yes a giant Cockie, even funnier.

Then 5 minutes later, yes you guessed right- another Happy Moment about the same size.

We float fished, and also Pussy footed for a couple of hours but nothing else, not even a tap.

But I am beginning to understand Mona Vale a bit more now, there are spots there that you fish that I wouldn't of even thought you could, and Pete certainly has a vast wealth of knowledge and skill that he is only too happy to help or give me.

Tomorrow- hmmmm Kirribilli all day. I collected a tonne of cabbage and weed, because there is none at kirribilli and I need to go give the Surgeons a bit of a licking. Surgeons are dirtier than Pigs or Kings, the bastards.

Cheers, and have a great weekend everyone.

Matt

post-8890-1228365137_thumb.jpg

Too bad you couldn't get the pigs or blackies today, those trevally are nasty things, we've caught a shark on a live one though-dno why it would wanna eat a spikey thing like that.

Good luck with the surgeons.

Cheers

Josh

• 2 weeks later...