Harbour Flaties

doug43

Hi all,

Thought i'd put a little post up showing what some of the flathead i've been catching lately have been dining on.

First was a few weeks ago and was a Mantis shrimp about a third the length of the flatty.

post-7411-1228383626_thumb.jpg

The next was last weekend and i noticed a hard lump in the belly of a fish. Cutting the fillets off later i found the hard lump which turned out to be a sea horse!

post-7411-1228383672_thumb.jpg

I know they fancy just about any lure you throw at them but after seeing some of these things inside them i'm wondering about what they won't eat!... Maybe the real question is when are we going to see the sqidgey seahorse in the tackle shop.

Was interested to see what other creatures have been found inside flatties by fellow raiders???

Doug.

the 1.85 flattie i got last sunday off sydney had a 40cm half decomposed eel in its guts... i took a pic of the slimeys out of the salmon but thought the eel was a bit 2 white 2 bother....

they sure are scavangers.....

i mean these days they prob have 2 take whatever they can find with how thick the leatherjackets are down there.. must be hard fighting 4 food

if i understood that right, you caught and kept a 1.85m flattie?

i hope i miss understood :(

the 1.85 flattie i got last sunday off sydney had a 40cm half decomposed eel in its guts... i took a pic of the slimeys out of the salmon but thought the eel was a bit 2 white 2 bother....

they sure are scavangers.....

i mean these days they prob have 2 take whatever they can find with how thick the leatherjackets are down there.. must be hard fighting 4 food

pity they dont eat leather jackets.

either way its an open forum and free to questions and opinion

just a thought next time you make a comment

charmo

Took the words right out of my mouth. Iwannajewy who gave you the right to decide who gets to comment or not? (rhetorical question)