Heaps Of Soapy Jew In The Hawkesbury

Hotzy

Went to the Hawkesbury today, first time in a lot of years, with 3 of us catching over 20 soapies in around an hour. I actually got bored towards the end and started trying to score one on sp's with no avail.

One deckie had never caught one before and was so excited I thought he was going to pee himself when he realised I wasn't full of BS after I returned the first to the water without showing him. :074: The other deckie is a new fisherman who had never even heard of a jewie before and managed a double hookup :thumbup:

All were just under legal size, so they were all returned to the water but what a heap of fun on 4lb line. They will hopefully grow up to be huge fellas when I recatch them one day :biggrin2: Other than these we only caught 1 reasonable tailor which went back too, oh and we caught a boat with 2 people aboard, towed them back to mooney mooney ramp after their motor had died.

All in all I had a ball even if I didn't take anything home. I hope everyone who went out today had as much fun

Cheers

Pete

hey pete nice haul even if no leagle jews

where bouts on the river did u get em ?? what time ?? and what bait were you using??

the reason im so interested is that i was there from about 1230 in the arvo to about 3:30-4pm

our main target was jews had plenty of fresh hawkesbury squid an we caught nothing we only got one bite all day we were mainly around neer brooklyn; the road bridges the railway bridge a lil bit on the other side of each and thats it

anyways we stayed posimstic ... all ways next time

cheers jason

Thanks Jason

They were caught near Juno point on whitebait and prawns, around 8am and they wouldn't touch squid at all.

Thanks for the info pete..might be heading out that way monday [sickie] to try for a larger model [always a posimst] the soapies seem to be everywhere at the moment,don't think i'll be complaining though...always fun catching jew,even if they're mostly throwbacks :biggrin2:

Edited by hooked4life