Need Advice For Kingie Spots

jjcrd

Hi evryone

i was just wandering if anyone could give me some advice

i have been reading evryones posts on catching kingies lately and its started to make me realy want to catch one. iv neva caught one befor so that makes me evn more keen.

i am land based, and i live in sydney . i have heard mh is realy good but i dont rely no wer abouts i can go landbased to get them.

so if anyone could please help me out with some spots for kingies it would be greatly appreciated.

cheers jason

I second that. I was there on Saturday for a few hours, and a mixture of salmon and kingies were being landed from the wharf. The wharf gets crowded though, but I reckon the rocks to the front-right of the wharf would be a great spot to fish from and nobody was there. Guess it takes a bit of effort to scramble over them to the good spots and nobody bothers because the wharf is too easy. My local tackle shop guy reckons that the deep water is accessible from the rocks too.

I'm intend to fish for kingies from Clifton Gardens Wharf on Thurday evening after work - should be there around 5:30-ish. High tide is around 7pm. I intend to catch a nice legal kingy for dinner! If anyone is there say hi. I'll be the guy with the red rod bag and the Slapstix stick bait, vigorously casting and retrieving :)

hey Jason

not to sure on landbased

but try clifton gardens u will have to put up with crouds though

goodluck Richo

Edited by jamesds

Hi evryone

i was just wandering if anyone could give me some advice

i have been reading evryones posts on catching kingies lately and its started to make me realy want to catch one. iv neva caught one befor so that makes me evn more keen.

i am land based, and i live in sydney . i have heard mh is realy good but i dont rely no wer abouts i can go landbased to get them.

so if anyone could please help me out with some spots for kingies it would be greatly appreciated.

cheers jason

I was at clifton gardens today. was probably around 10 people there. im new at fishing but i happened to hook something VERY strong. i saw 2 breams caught and they looked small and i dont think they can pull my rod that hard. Also saw a guy catch a salmon and it was pretty big. So my guess is either kingfish or salmon. After like 20-30 sec fight (not knowing what to do, it being my 2nd fish hook up) it swam under the warf and people told me to follow it, then the line broke.

Anyone know what fish it might have been? i was also using a lure like 3inch big when i hooked it. If it is a kingfish then Jason clifton gardens is a place where you might find some.

nes :)

I was at clifton gardens today. was probably around 10 people there. im new at fishing but i happened to hook something VERY strong. i saw 2 breams caught and they looked small and i dont think they can pull my rod that hard. Also saw a guy catch a salmon and it was pretty big. So my guess is either kingfish or salmon. After like 20-30 sec fight (not knowing what to do, it being my 2nd fish hook up) it swam under the warf and people told me to follow it, then the line broke.

Anyone know what fish it might have been? i was also using a lure like 3inch big when i hooked it. If it is a kingfish then Jason clifton gardens is a place where you might find some.

nes :)

Thats some very dirty fighting pretty sure it would be a kingie

been clifton gardens a few times lots off people get kingies thats if you can get a spot every time i've been there i cant get a spot and only able to catch a few bream pretty good size though 30-35cm But yes clifton gardens is the place to get kingies also the northern side off the harbour bridge 2 weeks ago went to luna part with the school went on a few rides before i felt sick and went for a walk around bridge and waas eatting a burger. Threw some bread in the water to see wut comes up. nothing... until Kappow a monster bream not just a... monster bream school of atleast 10 monster bream and i when i say moneter im talking about the 40cm ++++ ones. rolled a piece of bread the shape off white bait and kappow a school of kingies :1yikes: there were about 3 they were smashing the bread i threw in weird :wacko: Probly all under sized though

A.dawg~~~

I second that. I was there on Saturday for a few hours, and a mixture of salmon and kingies were being landed from the wharf. The wharf gets crowded though, but I reckon the rocks to the front-right of the wharf would be a great spot to fish from and nobody was there. Guess it takes a bit of effort to scramble over them to the good spots and nobody bothers because the wharf is too easy. My local tackle shop guy reckons that the deep water is accessible from the rocks too.

I'm intend to fish for kingies from Clifton Gardens Wharf on Thurday evening after work - should be there around 5:30-ish. High tide is around 7pm. I intend to catch a nice legal kingy for dinner! If anyone is there say hi. I'll be the guy with the red rod bag and the Slapstix stick bait, vigorously casting and retrieving :)

thanx i might see you there on thursday, ive been clifton many times and i no it very well and my dad has fished it his whole life i didnt know it produced kingies but

i might go there on saturday aswell to see if its packed or not becos im supposed to be goin to a spot neer there so i mite try it out and maybe those roks if they dont look too dangerous.

Nes, were you in the pool area with your brother or friend, i was there yesterday with my GF and dog, if that was you then it was a King, we were yelling for you to follow the fish but it was too late. I got some Salmon of about 1.5kg and GF got some Flounder.

Nes, were you in the pool area with your brother or friend, i was there yesterday with my GF and dog, if that was you then it was a King, we were yelling for you to follow the fish but it was too late. I got some Salmon of about 1.5kg and GF got some Flounder.

Yeee that was me lols. yay it was a king, nice now i know what to do next time. Dang salmon and flounder, cool. haha

I kept my salmon last weekend. It was the first time I caught one, so took it home and had it for dinner.

I cooked it in the oven with butter and herbs but wasn't overly impressed with the flavour. Maybe it's just me, but the bream and trevally I've caught have been clearly superior in flavour. Maybe it's better as sashimi with some soy and wasabi, but a whole salmon is a LOT of sashimi.

Yeah i gave the Salmon away and kept the Flounders, yummy!

See you there next time.

I kept my salmon last weekend. It was the first time I caught one, so took it home and had it for dinner.

I cooked it in the oven with butter and herbs but wasn't overly impressed with the flavour. Maybe it's just me, but the bream and trevally I've caught have been clearly superior in flavour. Maybe it's better as sashimi with some soy and wasabi, but a whole salmon is a LOT of sashimi.

haha yer i caught a 4kg one in central coast a few months ago we put it in the oven wasnt tasting very nice but there was alot of meat there

Salmon aren't a well renowned eating fish, quite a poor one that makes a better bait than dinner really.

Are these fish that are eating bread holding under the boardwalk that goes along the outside of luna park or over near the ferry wharf?

Cheers

Josh