Navionics Maps Or Similar

chewsta

Hi Guys,

Im currently using a Navionics Gold Australia card in my GPS unit and was wondering if anybody knew of any online maps that i can view that are visually similar to the Navionics etc, Charts.

Im interested in the contour lines and rough depths and basically just sussing out a few places along the coast of New South Wales both Inshore and offshore without having to go and sit in the boat for hours on end.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Allen

Hi Guys,

Im currently using a Navionics Gold Australia card in my GPS unit and was wondering if anybody knew of any online maps that i can view that are visually similar to the Navionics etc, Charts.

Im interested in the contour lines and rough depths and basically just sussing out a few places along the coast of New South Wales both Inshore and offshore without having to go and sit in the boat for hours on end.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Allen

Hi Allen,

You can get a Navionics card reader, enables you to view your GPS chart on a PC/Mac. Raymarine have a demo version of their Raychart software free download from their site. the demo version has all the key features anyway. You can move all your waypoints etc to and fro using any Navionics Gold card.

Hope that helps.

Jig

Thanks Jig,

Only problem is I'm working off a Mac and all the related card reading software is windows only.

So i thought ide ask incase there was an easy way to view, without having to

buy or setup a Mac to PC conversion program on my home Mac.

Looks like its the only way to go though. Can anybody recommend a good reliable

Mac to PC conversion program? Preferably a free download.

Allen

Thanks Jig,

Only problem is I'm working off a Mac and all the related card reading software is windows only.

So i thought ide ask incase there was an easy way to view, without having to

buy or setup a Mac to PC conversion program on my home Mac.

Looks like its the only way to go though. Can anybody recommend a good reliable

Mac to PC conversion program? Preferably a free download.

Allen

I use Parallels to setup virtual windows on my Mac. Then I run digiboat (google it).

Most trips I run this on my laptop in the cabin. $100 gets you a GPS receiver.