Squid Spots On The Northern Beaches

leatherjacket

Hi Fishraiders,

Does anybody have any recommendations for good squid spots on the Northern Beaches apart from Balmoral, Clifton Gardens and Palm Beach Wharf?

I think they are being cained by both fishermen and kingies, or that the squid are leaving because the water is warmer with fresh? :wacko:

Mostly land-based, but also accessable by boat is OK???

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Cheers,

Leatherjacket

:beersmile: [/font]

The squid usually turn off after a big run of fresh water, you'll often find them a bit deeper around reefs like dobroyd where the water is clearer, they tend to like live baits and you can often lure them up to within sight and then drop a jig in front of them, i got my biggest squid doing this around 2kg.

Can't think of too many land based apart from the ones you mentioned. I'm not going to give away my good specific spots but the little beaches all around the harbour produce well.

Cheers

Josh

the squid at this time off the year are all babies or some huge ginormous ones still alive but gunna dye soon...

Wut i'd do is to burley with pillies and bread crumbs very fine mix and use a SX-40 and change the middle trebble into a size 16 trebble these things are tiny and can hook up squid really good.... This way u catch fish and those tiny squiddies :thumbup: but they arnt as good as squid jigs although the squid dont seem to be taking them atm

Cheers A.dawg~~~

Palm beach is a smear memory of what it used to be.

Mate what i suggest is get into your street directory and search for little beaches, ocean or pittwater wharfs etc. t

Then go searching, back yourself at your new spots as long as they got the right characteristics and you will be pleasantly suprised