Where Are The Fisheries?

screech

hey guys!

lately i've been out fishing around the container wall and noticed heaps of people keeping undersized kings!!

one thing that really shits me is people who keep undersize fish. this one guy today, not mentioning nationalities, kept about 10+ under sized kings.

where are the fisheries to inspect all the boats?????

does anyone else feel this way about the issue?

nick

hey guys!

lately i've been out fishing around the container wall and noticed heaps of people keeping undersized kings!!

one thing that really shits me is people who keep undersize fish. this one guy today, not mentioning nationalities, kept about 10+ under sized kings.

where are the fisheries to inspect all the boats?????

does anyone else feel this way about the issue?

nick

Unfortunately mate this seems to be the norm.

I feel its my right as a law abiding citizen to casually persuade these people to release the said fish. I've had people say "Im keeping it to show my kids" what the hell?

If they know your serious, they will put the fish back

Yeah i hate pr@ks like that,last month me and my wife were on magnetic island and there was a bloke fishing on a protected bay keeping under size fish,i told him where to go he went nuts throwing punchs at me and this tourist was a skiny little weed.I wont say what happened next for legal reasons,but i walked away with no mark on me.The should be tougher laws for people like that.

Cheers Jewieslayer

The question though is where are the fisheries officers? I fish an average of three times a week in metropolitan sydney and have NEVER been asked for my licence

Hi Mate,

The fisheries are around they did a big check on all boats fishing botany bay about 2 weeks ago . So far this year i have been checked 3 times so they are around . . I know how you feel regarding the small kingfish i watched a guy land a rat king the other day, place it in his boat then take off as if no one saw him . . . Im sure if they did a 7 day blitz they would sort a few of these guys out ...

Cheers John.... :1fishing1:

I think the same many times,never see them around as often as they should be.

I fish in botany bay 2 to 3 times a week over the whole summer & i usually

only see them a couple of times over that period & its always the same guy's.

There should be definately a few more of them employed.

Shame to see all those undersize kings kept.

Steve

Unfortunately mate this seems to be the norm.

I feel its my right as a law abiding citizen to casually persuade these people to release the said fish. I've had people say "Im keeping it to show my kids" what the hell?

If they know your serious, they will put the fish back

They can also pull out a knife and cut you up, I believe this should be left for the officers, But then I have never ever seen them fresh or salt.

Only last week I was fishing around the Rail bridge in Gosford and 2 "not mentioning nationalities" come up to me saying "Bait" "Bait" and handed me a plastic bag with well under size tarwine, bream, snapper and other reef looking fish,

What can you say when they are holding a box that could have a knife in it!!! I was to far away from his car to see number plates.

I would like to see a LOT more fisheries officers out there.

On this note I would also like to see "Zero Tolerance" come across, no warnings or anything.. Loss of ALL fishing gear, Boats, A revoked fishing license "not being able to renew it" and MASSIVE fines. Maybe then we can hire more officers???

Azn??? LOL

See im chinese and i know chinese people love keeping anyfish they can eat its just not good at all

When i started fishing i caught undersized bream my mum will tell me take it home wuts the point of fishing then.

But now my mum tells me dont take home any flathead under 50cm and no bream under 35cm :074: Because the fridge has enough fish for the whole year :1prop: I think we need more fisherie guys as i havnt seen any lately not even checking me since about 10 months ago

A.dawg~~~

take the rego numbers, photos,take notes on whats they are doing and tell the authourities !!!!!! :mad3:

these pri$$@ are 90% of the reason greenies want to stop our sport !!!

as they think we all fish this way .

when i see this stuff happening i get quite irrate.and for some reason there cars seem to suffer from flat tyres syndrome :05:

craig

Edited by craigtempo

gee good to see heaps of people who have anger to this! i'll give that number a call now i know it!

no joke i've never been checked by fisheries!! i live on the georges river and have fished for many years. fished the bay at least twice a week, and have been doing that for the past year. my old man has been checked for licence once when fishing bald face point.

is it a problem of not enough fisheries officers patroling?? or lack of funding?

if thats the case then why dont the water police start to enforce the fishing laws?? almost everytime im out on the water the police have done saftey checks and boat licence checks. why dont they while doing those inspect the fish too????

They can also pull out a knife and cut you up, I believe this should be left for the officers, But then I have never ever seen them fresh or salt.

Only last week I was fishing around the Rail bridge in Gosford and 2 "not mentioning nationalities" come up to me saying "Bait" "Bait" and handed me a plastic bag with well under size tarwine, bream, snapper and other reef looking fish,

What can you say when they are holding a box that could have a knife in it!!! I was to far away from his car to see number plates.

I would like to see a LOT more fisheries officers out there.

On this note I would also like to see "Zero Tolerance" come across, no warnings or anything.. Loss of ALL fishing gear, Boats, A revoked fishing license "not being able to renew it" and MASSIVE fines. Maybe then we can hire more officers???

Mate i said casually persuade not get in their face. I find if you are respectful of people they are more receptive to you and may just not understand the rules.

I bet you wouldn't like to see a fisheries officer when you accepted that bag of undersized fish,

"no officer, Im holding it for a mate" :074: