Downrigging Harbour Today

robpor

Hit the harbour armed with as fresh squid as I could get from tackle store. Yesterday could not find any squid so decided to grab some hawkesbury squid to save the misery. Downrigged from spit all around seafoth and beyond for nothing! few guys said they got rats! I passed some bait balls but nothing! whats going on! Ready to dump my downrigger!

Hit the harbour armed with as fresh squid as I could get from tackle store. Yesterday could not find any squid so decided to grab some hawkesbury squid to save the misery. Downrigged from spit all around seafoth and beyond for nothing! few guys said they got rats! I passed some bait balls but nothing! whats going on! Ready to dump my downrigger!

Mate don't dump the down rigger, just put in some time for fresh/live squid! Try yakkas or slimeys too. They seem to be rejecting the frozen stuff a bit.

I know the squid not as good, but used yellowtail monday for no hits as couldnt find swuid. Only spot I know for squid is middle head!

Most days usually get squid from middle head or at worst yellowtail from balmoral but could not get one so tried my heart out today fro nothing. So you think its the bait not technique?

So you think its bait not the technique or right spots? Tried all spots I have seen and heard for not even a peek of a king!

so you think it is the bait not my technique? Tried plenty of area today for nothing. Used yellow tail yesterday!

What do i do? do you think it is bait? not technique

What do i do? do you think it is bait? not technique

you need to catch your squid the same morning for a much better chance,downrig the usual markers around high tide , whole or strips , iff that dont work buy some golf clubs :biggrin2: only joking change tec.

We pulled about 30 yakkas in total from balmoral on Saturday you just need to keep trying and if something doesnt work change it up ie use bread, squid pieces, jigs or pilchard pieces to get yakkas. As everyone has said squid is the key at the moment.

We landed about 12 kings on Saturday most to the squid all around Seaforth.

Keep trying for your squid mate, but having said that the kingys are extremely finicky depending upon the mood they are in at the moment. Some days they are taking only squid strips, next yakkas, and so on. Its always good to have a variety of options and dont worry about the time of the day to get your squid,,,, I have be getting them at all my usual spots, even in the middle of the day :wacko:

Dan