53 Lb Jewie Report

OWZAT

G`day Fellas ,

Well , its always the way isn`t it.

You have done your homework , You have Zeroed in on A spot , you have almost a full moon , the boys have a stack of BIG Live Beach Worms , No wind , and most of all , we have lift off ( 4X4 ) .

You have spent an arvo spooling new line , sharpened your knives , added some new 6/8/9/O`s to the Taclke Box , and you are hot to trot.

Next thing you know , there are headlights in your driveway on high beam , and you know nobody You know would pull in on high beam , so you stick your head out the door , only to hear that crushing , terrible, horrible , nerve jangling Sound of ......Maaaaaaate from a former good friend and neighbour from Sydney.

The richter scale registered a 9.2 as my butt hit the ground , for he had his Missus and kids with him , thus instantaneous depression set in.

No way could I get out of this one , couldn`t even take him with me fishing , as he hates it.

So , I pulled out the blow up mattresses and put the kettle on.

Ten minutes later I waved my son goodbye , then bit my lip as his laughter faded into the distance.

So , as they arrived at Badgers Beach , one of the locals , using braid ( i think it was 50LB ) , was dragging a large Jewie Up the beach.

So the boys rigged up as quick as they could , and began fishing with 8/0 hooks loaded with golf ball sized baits of live wriggling beach worms.

The young fella hooked up almost immediately , but after a short run the fish spat the hook , as did his fishing buddys hook up as well.

Things went quiet soon after , and a few sharks annoying the hell out of them , they decided to move up the beach , but before they did , this fella who caught the big one , came back with a scales report on his catch , and it went 53 lbs cleaned.

The boys wrestled sharks and rays for the remainder of the night , but never knowingly had a nother jewie run the whole time out.

Mick

Edited by OWZAT

G`day Fellas ,

Heckie , I dont exactly know who it was , but I`m hoping Hookie will.

If I can find out who it was , then i`m sure the fella would have taken a pic somehow , and I might just be able to get hold of it.

We shall have to wait and see.

Any Gossip Paul .....???????

Mick

G`day Fellas ,

Heckie , I dont exactly know who it was , but I`m hoping Hookie will.

If I can find out who it was , then i`m sure the fella would have taken a pic somehow , and I might just be able to get hold of it.

We shall have to wait and see.

Any Gossip Paul .....???????

Mick

34152[/snapback]

Sorry Mick, I only just read this report. :1prop:

I haven't heard anything from up your way, probably because of the fact I haven't spoken to any of my family since mid January. :ranting2:

If I do hear something I'll let you know. :thumbup:

cheers

Hooky

G`day Fellas ,

OK Paulie , I actually met this bloke ( 30-35 ) and his wife on the beach at Badgers for the I`st time about 2 weeks prior .

They were cooling off with the lil one , on a very hot late arvo.

Cant remember his name , except he was having problems with his spinners .

The reason I remember him is , that he was the very 1`st person I have seen here using braid for jew.

He was also having a ball catching tailor for bait , but his lures were comming free from the knot he had tied them to the Spinners .

But I`m sure we will meet again , I just hope he took a pic.

Mick