How To. . Gulp Worms And Shrimp

stevefish

gday all

i have done alright with minnow grubs for bream but have not caught a fish on a worm or shrimp yet, i am not sure how much action to put on a worm and if not for other people talking them up would probably chuck em. a mate who has more experience than me says just fish them all the same way.

at the moment the MGs work for me so i start with them and dont have confidence with the others and probably dont give them a fair go.

ive only been fishing SPs for a couple of months and fish 3 pound with a 6 pound leader mostly around poles and pontoons and the odd cruddy boat although no success under the boats yet.

Cheers

Steve

Hi steve

They barley have action but the worm wiggles a bit attracting whiting and bream

But the shrimps barely have movement when i first saw it i thought i hav 10 bucks extra why not try a shrimp as i have only been using jerk shads and minnows podgies and grubs but my first cast with this thing landed me a 55cm flattie :thumbup: DOnt DOUBT MOVEMENT also better using then betweens the quarter to the new moon as this is the time the prawns are out and the main diet off many fish

A.dawg~~~

I use a pointed jighead to make the shrimps dart around when I give short quick flicks on the rod.

But the first time I ever used a shrimp, I caught a fish on the very first cast without doing a thing.

I decided to give the shrimp ago after having to retie a new jig and put the shrimp on. As soon as I casted it out, the mobile rang so I closed the bail and answered it. 30 seconds later the slack in my line was gone and I had to end the conversation so I could land my first SP whiting