Put Jewgaffers Theory To Test

zen801

Well after reading jewgaffers report in chat about barometric pressure and fishing etc i looked at the tides and agreed it was worth a shot.

My mate was keen so we hatched a plan to get on the water ready for a set and forget low tide fish for jewies in deep water in the harbour.

We had squid, pillies and prawns all bought locally.

Right on low tide got my first bite and pullled in a small jew at about 65cm.

I could see the look on my mates face, i want one too!!!

He didnt have to wait long and he got his only bite of the night and brought up an identical size jewie ( ok his was a little chunkier). When his one hit the deck it regurged all this burley we had been cubing out. Pillie cube and a big calamari strip.

At low tide even in 30m of water the burley had worked. Good to see fishing tactics bring home results.

At that point i thought mate its early we got one in the bag each a sensible bunch of guys would go home early. Nah we sat around talking shite into the night without another bite. We thought maybe big momma was out looking for her lost twins but it seems she didnt bother :1prop:

I am going to start a fishing diary this year as i think for jews this is the next step in the quest for a really big one.

Cheers for 2009.

post-2060-1231028200_thumb.jpg

post-2060-1231028399_thumb.jpg

post-2060-1231028421_thumb.jpg

Nice pigeon pair there Zenman, its great to see a few mullas coming in :thumbup:

The fishing diary is a great idea. I sometimes think I should insure mine its that good. The information can be misleading though, I spent a week on a ledge that a year ago produced a heap of hoodlums for me, for not even one run... a pinch of salt is needed at all times :glare:

Cheers mate

Bobfish

Well done mate,

I have been watching your posts and you have been putting in the time for jewies thats for sure. Its great to see the effort is paying off. Keep up the good work and good luck with more Jewies.

Just got to get one from the harbour/parra river myself now :1prop:

Well done Zenman :thumbup: If you keep on fishing in that same spot it won't be long I woudn't think before you get onto a few decent size jew. For now and until better size jewfish show in Middle Harbour proper, it would be wise fish the main harbour from the start of a run out tide to get among the jew coming in at night and going out with the tide as it seems the upper middle harbour fishermen haven't been getting much at all at the moment.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Well after reading jewgaffers report in chat about barometric pressure and fishing etc i looked at the tides and agreed it was worth a shot.

My mate was keen so we hatched a plan to get on the water ready for a set and forget low tide fish for jewies in deep water in the harbour.

We had squid, pillies and prawns all bought locally.

Right on low tide got my first bite and pullled in a small jew at about 65cm.

I could see the look on my mates face, i want one too!!!

He didnt have to wait long and he got his only bite of the night and brought up an identical size jewie ( ok his was a little chunkier). When his one hit the deck it regurged all this burley we had been cubing out. Pillie cube and a big calamari strip.

At low tide even in 30m of water the burley had worked. Good to see fishing tactics bring home results.

At that point i thought mate its early we got one in the bag each a sensible bunch of guys would go home early. Nah we sat around talking shite into the night without another bite. We thought maybe big momma was out looking for her lost twins but it seems she didnt bother :1prop:

I am going to start a fishing diary this year as i think for jews this is the next step in the quest for a really big one.

Cheers for 2009.

Nice way to start the year, good effort.

Mike.

The diary is essential.

You need to identify all variables that you think are important.

Ask people like Jewgaffer, Zenman, Pacemode just to name a few for what they consider are

the variables to record. There was a post a few months ago where people put forward their thoughts

on what they considered important information. Find the post. Create the spreadsheet with these variables

and start writing up your data.

I have done this for botany bay for the last 5 years.

From this a pattern will emerge as well as all sorts of speculation. It makes the whole process really interesting and fun, and when you get results, you won't be able to stop talking about them and the feeling

of satisfaction and accomplishment, as well as the boost to your self confidence will be amazing.

Once you learn a few things and catch fish regularly, then you will suddenly stop talking about it...it's all

too secret to tell anyone !