Hot Bite On The Georges

jenno64

Checked Seabreeze at 5:30am after hearing some windy sounds outside early morning. The forecast looked better as the sun rose higher so off I went. Hit the shallows just on a 1.6m high tide this morning and trolled some new SX40s of various colours for numerous hits. Ended up catching and releasing over 20 fish and kept three bream to 30cm and 5 flatties from 45-57cm for a family feast. The fish were on from 6:30am until about 9am and then as the sun got higher and the water got lower, all the fun ended.

post-4017-1231321375_thumb.jpg

Hey Scrubworm

All fish from the yak in 2-4 feet of water. The bigger flatty launched itself out of the water and the sounder was reading 2.8 feet at the time. My kayak is a Hobie and the pedals stir up the bottom in water this shallow....maybe that helps excite the fish!

Well done Jenno - terrific day on the water & lovely fish to boot!

Shame we aren't allowed to troll for the Yak ABT Comp here in March!! Only active cast & retrieve/work the lures! Out of interest ..... How far back were you trolling them??

The lower lake is pretty quiet here with all the tourist activity still really hectic. I was out for 4 hrs the other morning from 5am-9am & only caught 1 legal bream & a few pike! Lost one of my PX45s to a bloody longtom too! :1badmood: Spewing!!

Cheerio

Roberta

Hi Roberta,

I usually cast the lure out to the side 20m or so and let out another 5-10m. I troll using scotty rodholders at right angles to the yak and this leaves about 4-5m between the lures. Sometimes I use another rod in the vertical holder closer behind the yak to try out a different colour. The other day it was hit 3 or 4 times only 10 metres behind the yak. Also as the tide dropped, I noticed that the mirage drive was stirring up a constant cloud of mud behind the yak. The fish were going off the bite at that stage...maybe I should have paddled! Hey I tried my new inflatable comfort seat on the standard seat and my clacker was happier :1prop:

hehehhe ....Hey I tried my new inflatable comfort seat on the standard seat......

I'll be investing in a wheel barrow pneumatic tyre tube & semi inflate that! :) Tried it on a mate's outback in Canberra & it was terrific! Gave me a bit of height, too (being a short ar*e!) :1prop:

Cheerio

Roberta