Port Hacking

A.dawg

again ventured out to the hacking today for a swim took a 2 rods with me and a few lures and hooks Woops forgot the bait :o well again found a piece off pillie left from someone else and caught a few yellowtaail for bait then a few mackerel started coming up i was busted twice one pulled hook the other one cut line using yellowtail pieces and the other was busted line

after enough bait fishing took out a new SX-40 307 my fav and first cast had a huge splash behing the lure no takers

2nd and 3rd a few smaller splashes 4th cast saw some behind it about 50cm long 6th cast 2 rat kingies following the lures these things didnt take anything so after 100 casts i give up sunset try for squid water was really murky even though storms didnt affect the hacking and no squid so home again

A.dawg~~~

Some guys were getting big whitting on hawkesburry prawns i should have got bait :ranting2: but they were ranging from 36cm-43cm very big whitting so if you head out this weekend tumra maybe get a pack off hawkesburry prawn weather looks good on sat but very bad on sun

Cheers A.dawg~~~

Thanks for the tip A.dawg. I mainly target bream in the hacking but am looking at starting to target whiting when the bream are quiet... So you reckon prawns over nippers or tube worms?

I usually like to hit the water early morning so hopefully i willl beat the storm and wind

Thanks for the tip A.dawg. I mainly target bream in the hacking but am looking at starting to target whiting when the bream are quiet... So you reckon prawns over nippers or tube worms?

I usually like to hit the water early morning so hopefully i willl beat the storm and wind

Imo you can't go past nippers, they are live and they are what is natural to the whiting.

Nippers not aloud to get them in gunnamatta bay so you'll need to pump them elsewhere but yes they will get the whitting and the flathead

Yellowtail any off the wharves in the hacking gunnamatta baths is really good but need to squish in a spot

Mullet just found a spot that produces poddies by handfuls :thumbup: Just next to the boatramp in gunnamatta bay if you throw in lots off burley the mullet will jump on ur hook like theres no 2morro

I personally find mullet no good for deep water and only use them on sand flats i will prefer yellowtail and slimmeys in deeper water if you read my report caught a 80cm + flathead on yellowtail there a week and a half ago Make sure you have livies out in the 20cm off water :thumbup:

A.dawg~~~