This Mornings Catch At Collaroy

sails

Hi Raiders,

I hit the beach this morning around 545 with some worms that I had pulled yesterday on low tide.

First cast in the southern corner bought in a nice big whiting, at around 37cm.

I then moved up to the gutter at the northern end of the beach as there was some action with the birds diving. I had a great hit on the whiting gear with the brag getting a good work out.

Ended up pulling 3 salmon out of that area, plus another whiting and a bream.

all up caught 3 salmon, 2 whiting and a bream.

Home by 0700.

A great way to start the day!!

Sails

post-3378-1231624574_thumb.jpg

Hi Raiders,

I hit the beach this morning around 545 with some worms that I had pulled yesterday on low tide.

First cast in the southern corner bought in a nice big whiting, at around 37cm.

I then moved up to the gutter at the northern end of the beach as there was some action with the birds diving. I had a great hit on the whiting gear with the brag getting a good work out.

Ended up pulling 3 salmon out of that area, plus another whiting and a bream.

all up caught 3 salmon, 2 whiting and a bream.

Home by 0700.

A great way to start the day!!

Sails

post-3378-1231624574_thumb.jpg

Great catch!

Went early friday morning with a mate using worms we'd caught the day before. Nothing compared to your session - only managed a small whiting :thumbdown:

Hi guys,

thanks for the comments.

Small fry, Jenno64, Scrubworm, Lala, Tricks, Fenwickinho: :thumbup: what can I say, some times you get lucky.

I finally got up early enough for me to be the only one on the beach, and I think the fish must have been just stirring also. Right time, right place, with the right bait for once. :yahoo:

luderick59, Hi Pete, I am always partial to beach worms as a bait. Doesnt matter if I am dropping them over the side in the deep off LongReef, or using them inside the lake, they always get a response, and I love the test of catching them.

hi Roberta, the worms here are as shy as ever, but they are well built!! I hope they are available on 7 mile when we come up to Forster next week; but it could also be a good time to practise with the soft plastics. :1fishing1:

Hey Byron, one of the guys that came to the beach this morning was assuring me that the salmon are great when they are smoked, so I will be putting that to the test. Also Jamie Oliver has a good recipe for fish cakes my :wife: tells me!!

Big tides and good gutters all along the beach at present, so hopefully there will be more to come.

cheers

Cam

hi Roberta, the worms here are as shy as ever, but they are well built!! I hope they are available on 7 mile when we come up to Forster next week; but it could also be a good time to practise with the soft plastics. :1fishing1:

Mate there are heaps of worms available on 7 mile! Alot more than Narrabeen anyway :thumbup:

All the best :1fishing1: