Sand Whiting And Trumpeter Whiting

reeseman

Last month i spent the holidays up at Nelson Bay, and i thought id give whiting a go on poppers. Unfortunately i had no success but something i did notice was that, many of the sand whiting would often follow the lure back while the trumpeter whiting would stay on the bottom and totally ignore the lure. Is it only Sand Whiting that will hit lures or will the other types of whiting go for them as well. The lure i was using was an ecogear PX 45, its mostly a bream lure but it looked like it could work for whiting too!

The trumpeter whiting dont grow too long in length so they are not very interested in lures,but Bream & sand

Whiting definately smash them when in the mood although the hookup on whiting with popper's is not the best.I have found the best fishing is very early morning in calm & quiet conditions.

Steve

Ive always wanted to chase whiting on plastics, but im really new to all the lure fishing, i might have to go see the local fisho shop and buy some gear, is there anywhere that is close to the liverpool area to chase whiting and bream?