Hows Thursday Looking?...

ritchie

Yep, As the tpic says..thats the plan for Thursday!!

Me and a mate hiring a tinnie from Brooklyn Central boat hire place for the whole day and going to do/try some serious fishing :D

I am pumped and cant wait despite the threatning weather.."Late Showers/storms" is the BOM prediction..umm..

Will be taking a SP setup, a bream/bait setup and 10-12lb set up for them well-known jewies (fingers crossed, i'll hook one so that'll be a first and bragging rights!! )

I have some Berkley pumpkinseed 3inch minnows, shads and misc SP's, fresh prawns, squids and some cattie fillets mixed with Tuna oil.. Plan is to try 'n catch some livies as well....

..got a few home bran cat food tins for berley...

..umm..what ya all think?.. would it be a good day for fishing (weatherwise) ..am i over prepared?...over excited?.. :1prop:

...and..would i catch any fish?... :1fishing1:

Hi Ritchie. Thurday looks a real good one to me with the moderate north easterly winds in the morning going into a hot day of 31 degrees in the city, after which a southerly change with storm turbulence is predicted and that should liven up the bite........ The temperature is forecast to drop right down for a few days from Friday on so you'll be fishing the start of a low pressure front or perhaps a trough in between the current high front and a slow moving low front in the afternoon which is also a good time to be out there fishing the usual downriver alcoves with your sp/s and preferably spending more time with the deeper water behind you with the jew baits out in places like Croppy Point, inside Juno marker and Little Pittwater with the short drop off to the 30 feet just behind the point in the alcove at LP at the the Flint and Steel end. I'd stick to the short runs from deepwater to shallows at the shore lines rather than the long shallow runs.

Looking forward to your report if you go out on Thursday.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

WOW!!! Amazing stuff!! thanks Mr.Jewgaffer!! we're definietely going (my leave just got approved!!) and looking forward to it..doing some "Last minute" shopping after work for more stuff like few more SP's, bigger hooks and FOOD! haha..

I def follow ur instructions and keep my fingers crossed :) .. gotta find a map of the area/river though :) .. hopefully the boatshed people would have one..

WOW!!! Amazing stuff!! thanks Mr.Jewgaffer!! we're definietely going (my leave just got approved!!) and looking forward to it..doing some "Last minute" shopping after work for more stuff like few more SP's, bigger hooks and FOOD! haha..

I def follow ur instructions and keep my fingers crossed :) .. gotta find a map of the area/river though :) .. hopefully the boatshed people would have one..

You can find maps to download/print here:

http://www.waterways.nsw.gov.au/publications/maps.html

Have a great day.

Good luck with it all Ritchie!! I reckon you'll do alright on Thursday. I'm getting excited myself.

Don't worry about the turbulence, it will be a moderate stormy southerly only threatening in appearance going on the look of a couple of things in the forecast might get a few large raindrops but that's about all.... .....well worth fishing on in the rain if a passing storm does happen to come in and rain like that can only bring on a prime time in general...... Anyway I've given you spots within the small hire boat boundaries, do persevere on the upriver side to just inside Juno marker in close, and I would anchor in rather close to the marker at some stage .... No need to go further than in close at Croppy Point for your livies and burley hard for you livies early!!........When you arrive up there, see if you can get pointed in the direction of getting hold of a kilo of fresh local arrows and use half (one eyed) squid heads with an inch of tube left on each half head and leave the streaming entrails attached and use thin long squid strips pinned together overlapped by the second hook to give a flowing effect in the current and also to make your kilo of squid last.

Cheers

Thanks HEAPS Mr.Jewgaffer..!!! :thumbup:

So the little pitt water and croppy point are the places to be eh?... I'll ask the boat place where abouts i can buy some local arrows...and THANKS again for the squid baiting technique! VERY interesting.. :) I'll def give it a go!!

Cant wait to hook afew good jewies!!!

:1yikes::1yikes::thumbup:

Looking forward to the report.

Cheers Ritchie!

Hey Byron!

bit hectic @ work..soon as i get some time i'll put together a small report with the pics. :).. nothing too exciting to write though :( , no jewies .. the juno point area was off limits to the hire tinne! :mad3: