Spit Kings Aus Day 26th

kingiemaster

Howdy

Went on my mates boat yesterday morning for another crack at Kings (of course).

Couldn't manage any squid around bridge but found em out in the deeper water at sun up.

Interestingly we didnt get any around the public moorings...which usually means predators are close by!

So with six squid in the tank we tied off at one of the public moorings about 7am

Ended up boating 6 Kings :1prop: but all under 60cm :wacko: and had a number of hit and misses.

My mate got bricked by bigger version but we'll never know how big as knot parted at swivel.

Highlight was bringing up a rat on my Kingie outfit in one hand and then hooking up to a follower with the other hand on my 10lb outfit with a strip on it. Great fun.

A mate of ours was liotering around us in his boat with the lecie going and misssed a few hits including a double hook up.

Boat on mooring next to us using livies didnt get a touch!

The school were on the sounder the whole time (7-9:30am) but the action was sporadic. My last livie took a good hour and half before getting hit while my mate was getting hits on other side of the boat using strips.

Anyways a good way to start Aus Day and my mate got his fish'n mojo back as it had been a long time between drinks since landing a king or two, albiet rats.

Dave

Mate you did better than we did.

We managed 1 squid and around 8 small yellowtail the size of your index finger.

We dropped these around seaforth and bantry bay for no takers.

Managed 3 pansized silver bream for a feed.

We let the yellowtail go back into the drink to swim another day.

Twin 1