Broken Bay/pittwater Sunday 6.3.2005

Andy_from_the_CJ

G'day lads,

arrived at Bobbin Head a little after 7 to find Pedro on the rock wall with a big smile on his face, having just landed (and released) a nice flatty on an SP. Hopefully Darryl will be able to post a pic of that shortly.

Cowan had a distinctly autumn feel about it as we headed towards the Hawkesbury. You can always tell that, when you've got four blokes trying to huddle behind one boat console. :) On arriving at the river we headed east, passing Frank Lowy's massive floating palace, moored just inside of Flint and Steel. A little further on Pedro spotted some solid splashes which looked like the work of frigate mackerel. We cut the motor and pulled out the spin gear. A couple of keepers hit the deck, tailor and a frigate, before things went quiet. Off to the bait grounds.

Yet again West Head let us down. The place seems to be either red hot or icy cold, as a yakka producer. A swarm of mados, sweep and butterfish were in the burley, with a few nervous gars hanging out wide. Luckily, we'd scored a couple of nice squid, en route so with that and a few mini choppers we had enough livies to go trolling.

Offshore was out of the question. Looking past the Joey big rollers could be seen marching north. Huge columns of spray were sent skyward as they hit the front of Box Head. We headed up Pittwater trolling a live squid off the downrigger, a livie rigged behind a flasher, and a big wet fly.

Result? A big zero. The squid was way too big for the 60cm kings usually encountered in Pittwater, but whatever the reason, we didn't turn a reel. By midday we'd had enough and headed back. Fingers crossed there's a bit more excitement on our next trip. Tight lines to all, Andrew

Gidday andy,good to hear that you guys got to get out ,anyway I am just wondering if you have tried pulling the yakas/live baits from the garbage barge at america's bay,I am not sure if it is still there but I do know that it was reliable and had the really small to middly sized yakkas.Ideal for the sort of thingys you were after.

simon

Guest Jocool
Pedro's best fish for oh,... I don't know....

35218[/snapback]

And boy doesnt he take his fishing seriously!!!! :risata::risata::risata:

What were you thinking Pedro, to have a look like that on your face?

And boy doesnt he take his fishing seriously!!!! :risata:  :risata:  :risata:

What were you thinking Pedro, to have a look like that on your face?

35227[/snapback]

Gees that's the happiest I've ever seen him :risata:

cheers

Ken