Any Reports Off Wollongong

ragdoll

Hi Raiders

Just wanting to know if anyone has fished or heard any reports from Stanwell Park to Port kembla hoping to get out on Friday for a fish any info would help .

Cheers Simon

gday, last few trips out we caught a few reds off stanwell, not real big but good for the pan 35- 45cm. few pigs and mowies around also. try in 28 to 35 mt of water near the bridge of stanwell. hope this helps.

pete.

Hi Raiders

Just wanting to know if anyone has fished or heard any reports from Stanwell Park to Port kembla hoping to get out on Friday for a fish any info would help .

Cheers Simon

me and my dad have been out the last 2 weekends out of port kelmbla and we have got a fare fue kings but most around the 55cm-60cm mark and we got some marronog at hill 60

good luck

fisherboy :1fishing1:

Edited by fisherboy

Went out of port yesterday to the fad nothing but small dolies and then trolled live baits out about another 10ks from there and got one hit but could have been anything came back in and picked up a feed of reef fish in the deeper parts and did see a few sharks around but not really interested in them.

Went out of port yesterday to the fad nothing but small dolies and then trolled live baits out about another 10ks from there and got one hit but could have been anything came back in and picked up a feed of reef fish in the deeper parts and did see a few sharks around but not really interested in them.

Hi Tuna1, where abouts did you see the sharks, any size to them and what kind for sharks were they.

Mike

We saw 1 of the sharks about 2ks of hill 60 while fishing the bottom we had a live bait out as well but it was heading north in a hurry and saw the other one while heading back into port once again heading north they were a bit far away to make out what sort of species they were and they were about 5 feet long.

Hill 60 is the headland at the northern end of Port Kembla beach. Probably not much point in posting GPS co ords as you will get a better idea of where it is by looking at a Wollongong street directory.

Having said that though to fish off Hill 60 you best bet is to launch your boat at port kembla and head south for about 3 nautical miles once you leave the harbour. Just off Hill 60 is an island which will let you know you have arrived. I have seen boaties travel between the island and the land but it looks a bit dodgy to me so I always travel around the island if I want to fish on the southern side of hill 60.

Evets

Hill 60 is the headland at the northern end of Port Kembla beach. Probably not much point in posting GPS co ords as you will get a better idea of where it is by looking at a Wollongong street directory.

Having said that though to fish off Hill 60 you best bet is to launch your boat at port kembla and head south for about 3 nautical miles once you leave the harbour. Just off Hill 60 is an island which will let you know you have arrived. I have seen boaties travel between the island and the land but it looks a bit dodgy to me so I always travel around the island if I want to fish on the southern side of hill 60.

Evets

No problem going between the Big Island and Rocky Island - its about 2m deep. There's also a good channel between the Big Island and Marten Island.

Edited by Benzeenees

Hi all

Well manage to get out yesterday morning on the water at 5am out of Port Kembla with a 8 to 10knt wind blowing which by 6am start to die off. I started to head out to the inner wollongong reef which was quite and the same for the outer reef but i did manage to pick up 2 small 35cm snapper and a 41cm flathead between the to reefs on the drift. By 7.30 8am the water was flat enough for me to check out the wave rider which held only very small dollies and they only took bait floating down to them sat their for a while and had some fun. the water temp was around 20.2. Back at the boat ramp there was a lot of flathead at the tables getting cleaned by other fisho's sorry no pic

Till next time

Simon