Sashimi Lunch

Moro Mou

A couple of mates and I had a quick session early this morning. On the water at 0520, livies in the tank by 0550 and then off out the heads. We slowed trolled for about 15 minutes before one of the rods buckled over and i came up solid on a good king. It had a couple of good runs before i saw some colour and then had it boat side. Some messing around with the landing net and an overly hasty pull on the leader by me caused the hook to pull and the fish swam off - the perfect release i suppose. It was estimated at around the 65 cm mark but i guess we will never know for sure.

A bit more trolling and a couple of missed hits later my rod buckled again. This time it was my mates turn and he fought, a little more patiently i shoud add, and soon had the fish alongside. This time there was no missing with the net and the fish was landed - 71 cm.

We continued to troll and had a few more missed hits before calling it quits for the morning.

Just finished a nice plate of sashimi for lunch and now need a good lie down . . .

No photos sorry (the early start got to me and i forgot the camera) . . .

Cheers