Dpi Kingy Study

huntman

Hey guys, this has been posted a while ago, but there is a DPI kingfish catch and release study being performed in the harbour on the weekend of the 21st-22nd of feb, and they still need a few more boats. The research will be used to help scientists have concrete data on how many fish survive after being caught. A similar study was conducted on tailor and very few died, so I expect this will be something worthwhile to get involved with that will help show that size limits and bag limits are effective ways of managing fisheries.

I will be there helping out, and if you are keen too shoot an email to paul butcher on pbutcher@nmsc.edu.au pretty much all you will be doing is catching kingies, there's not a lot else that will be required, just a few formalities.

Looking forward to seeing some raiders there, make sure you let me know if you sign up so I can say hello!

Not long to go now and the weather looks pretty good :D

I just received an email from the organiser of this study and he says that only 10 boats are registered to collect fish over the weekend.. :mad3::thumbdown:

He would like to get 125 fish for the weekend in his study and all size fish will be accepted.

If any one else is keen to help out and earn some free fuel vouchers please contact Paul butcher on..

pbutcher@nmsc.edu.au

0438 650 129

Fishing times.

21-22/02/09

06.00-14.00

Briefing.

Chowder bay beach

06.00 21/02/09

Cheers.