Lowrance 5200,my Marks Are Not Quite Right

mr magoo

hello folks ,ive recently purchased a lowrance gps and ive manually transferred my marks over ,but i must of not setup the gps right as my marks are about a 100 metres off,does anybody know what ive done wrong as the book is just confusing me ,thanks

cheers arman

Hi Arman,

Make sure you are using the WGS84 datum. its in the GPS setup menu.

Call me if you need help, i have the identical unit.

Cheers

Sam

Thats what i was trying to say but couldn't remember the term...yep WGS84 datum is what your looking for.

Cheers

Chris

If the marks were entered and it was set on the wrong format I think you may have to put them in again with it set on the correct format. Not sure if there is another way unless it asks for format at timem of entry as with my old sounder it would convert them all to new format when I switched but it was in 3 decimal not minutes and seconds.

Did you enter them as minutes and seconds or as a decimal number? Do you know how to convert from one to the other?

What format is it set to

Good offer from Sammy

Edited by pelican

Do you know how to convert from one to the other?

What format is it set to

Hey Pel any time you want explain further about the different types of GPS format and how to convert I would as am sure others would appreciate it greatly.

I also struggle at times, the marks for the marine park in JB did not go in correctly and recently saving the marks from my GPS in the freeware program "easy GPS" worked but trying to enter further waypoints in to Easy GPS have failed to work due to the different formats.