Hydrofoils Vs. Warranty

WANNAFISH

Hi All,

Just thinking about installing either a SE Sport 300 or permatrim to my 40hp Merc O/B which is still under warranty. To install one of this would mean drilling thru the cav plate as you all know and I dont know if its going to void my warranty.

Any suggestions guys?

Tnx,

JON

Jon, ring merc and ask the question, when I fitted my Permatrim I rang tohatsu and the answer was "it may effect warranty on something like the pivot bushes as it increases the load on them but if for example the motor had an electrical failure, there would be no issue as the perma could not possibly be the cause of that issue".

I have dealt with the merc guys before and found them to be most helpfull.

Geoff

Hi wannafish

dont know the answer to your question

but i just last week installed the se 300 on my 17ft half cabin with 70hp yammy and it was the best thing i have ever done i now have a lower planing speed, get on plane quicker and use less fuel also handles better

goodluck

adzzy

Hi wannafish

dont know the answer to your question

but i just last week installed the se 300 on my 17ft half cabin with 70hp yammy and it was the best thing i have ever done i now have a lower planing speed, get on plane quicker and use less fuel also handles better

goodluck

adzzy

Gday Adzzy,

I also have a 70hp Yammy and want to install a hydrofoil.

Can I ask why you chose the SE300 over the SE200? The SE200 is supposed to be good for outboards up to 200Hp.

Also how much$$ and where did you get it from?

Cheers,

Jeff

Gday Adzzy,

I also have a 70hp Yammy and want to install a hydrofoil.

Can I ask why you chose the SE300 over the SE200? The SE200 is supposed to be good for outboards up to 200Hp.

Also how much$$ and where did you get it from?

Cheers,

Jeff

Hi jeff

it has a bigger wing which is only going to help with the planning, the price is the same and it was recommended to me the cost was $130 and i will pm you the seller

cheers adzzy

Also the SE 200 does not fit on motors with cavitation plates over 5 inches wide.

Thanks guys,

I will be getting the SE300 this weekend. Price difference between the 200 and 300 is about $4 - no brainer really....

I have seen the SE 300 for $109, PM me if you want to know where.

I will be interested to hear if it makes much difference as I have been tossing up for quite a while now whether to get one.

mate it worked a treat for me best thing i have done