Sydney Harbour Fad

Tackle Junkie

Hi Guys,

Have just had a huge month at work and have not been out for a while. I am hoping to head out early tomorrow.

Does any one know if the FAD off Sydney is in place? Conditions look good and my boat is not that big i don't want to venture out if its not there. If anyone has any idea if its holding Fish it would be appreciated.

These are the details taken straight off the DPI website.

Sydney Harbour 33° 47.021' 151° 22.700' Port Jackson – 8.5 kms from shore / 50m water

Thanks,

Josh

It is there.

I checked it out yesterday, there is nothing on it though.

We trolled around it for about 20 minutes watching some divers on it and they kept coming up empty. We had a chat to the divers as they were leaving and they said it was barren. We then went and worked the wave rider and it was the same.

Robbie.

geeez good effort there viking :thumbup:

has anyone ever had much success getting into a few of the bigger Dollies at the sydney harbour FAD in recent years, we fished it pretty H-core the last couple of years and the biggest dollie we managed to pull of it was about 70 cm .. Maybe its a bit close in for the bigger bulls ?

Thanks for all the help guys,

I ended up going out and having some awesome fun. Got to the FAD early Friday and had it to ourselves for a while at least. I ended up catching my first ever dolphinfish (we caught 4) they were all undersize and went back but great fun all the same. We also caught 6 striped tuna and I am positive that we would have caught more had we stayed.

It was great day - easy enough to get too and caught my first ever dollie and tuna. All were caught tolling and the biggest tuna went 5kg. Great fun on light gear.

Bring on the next day off!!

Cheers,

Josh