Battery

adzzy

Hi all

i have a new battery in my boat it is getting charge from the motor

my question is is there a need to put the battery on trickle charge inbetween use i go out about once a week

will i get longer life out of it?

any ideas?

Adzzy

Most charging system on a motor, depends on the amperageof the charging unit, will charge your battery up to 80% maximum. You wouldnt want your battery to be just topped up on 80% only as it shortens the life of your battery. You always want it above 90-95% charge in the battery as it helps prolong the life of the battery.

Get a decent charger as well like Cytek or the minnkota ones as it has a desulfation feature in their chargers and it doesnt over charge your battery as this is another way of killing a battery. These digital chargers is a connect and forget for as long as you want.

I hope I answered your questions.

JON

Most charging system on a motor, depends on the amperageof the charging unit, will charge your battery up to 80% maximum. You wouldnt want your battery to be just topped up on 80% only as it shortens the life of your battery. You always want it above 90-95% charge in the battery as it helps prolong the life of the battery.

Get a decent charger as well like Cytek or the minnkota ones as it has a desulfation feature in their chargers and it doesnt over charge your battery as this is another way of killing a battery. These digital chargers is a connect and forget for as long as you want.

I hope I answered your questions.

JON

hey Jon

you sure did it could not be any clearer thanks heaps

spose i will charge it from now on after each use

adzzy