Boat Seats - Recommendations

majed1965

Hi All,

I am having difficulty working out what type of seats / pedestals to install for my Cruise Craft cruiser.

This boat has a huge and high cabin and a rear lounge seat. It is a very high cabin and as such will require a high very high pedestals to be able to view ahead when driving. The pedestals sold in marine shops are too short.

Currently i have some boxes made up which i use to stand on when driving so i can see ahead as i cannot see if i stood on the boat floor. The downside of these boxes is they take up too much floor space and cannot be fished from.

I would like to install a driver and passenger seat which will not take up much room and can also be used to fished from sitting down.

Any recommendations / examples would be greatly appreciated. I have added some ppics of the boat.

post-1461-1235803989_thumb.jpg

post-1461-1235804017_thumb.jpg

post-1461-1235804041_thumb.jpg

post-1461-1235804165_thumb.jpg

Edited by Majed

Hi majed, Would 2X550 high pedestals be suitable for you, ? ...if so I know where you can get hold of 2 cheap in top condition...... If you add swivels, the 550 pedestal height plus seat and cushion would be a good high position to swivel around and fish from, and you can always remove the rear seating when necessary.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Hi majed, Would 2X550 high pedestals be suitable for you, ? ...if so I know where you can get hold of 2 cheap in top condition...... If you add swivels, the 550 pedestal height plus seat and cushion would be a good high position to swivel around and fish from, and you can always remove the rear seating when necessary.

Cheers

Hi, the swivels need to be at least 1 metre high. 550mm is too short....

not sure if you have thought of putting seat boxes in and then fitting the pedestals on top,that way you can utilize the space under the seat for storage

my boat has pedestals and i think the space is wasted ,its a good spot to hide all those small things in boats that end up all over the place

just a thought

cheers arman

Hi Majed

These pedestals are heavy duty alloy with big 12 inch round bases and you could mount them on boxes at any height you wish...... and why not carpet the boxes and use them for storage with drawers for your hooks and sinkers etc and other larger compartments .... and allow overhang at the front and back of the seat bases and get more storage space ETC ......and use the overhang at the front and back as foot rests and as step ups as well ......... These pedestals a very expensive and you may get lucky and get them at much less than half retail price......... Any one of these pedestals reminds me of the Sinatra movie "Some came running" but it would be a case of many came running and you have to buy two.

Hi mate, a suggestion for you. My old man put the seats in his boat on telescopic poles, basicly like an office chair. He bought the seats and pole thingy bobs seperate and made up a swivel base to attatch them.

We had the same issue with the high cabin. You just put the seats up to drive then lower them when you want to turn and fish.

Hope this helps.