My Freinds First 70cm King Sat Afternoon

Simda

Fished Sat

My freind never caught a good fish before and has been hannging out big time

We got our first hit on Squid Head, Biggest thing Ive ever had on the line, could barly get the rod out of the rod holder, 40 pound line and 60 pound trace, Drag on full and the line was pealing of the spool like i was connected to a ferry

Reach a structure and broke the trace

later we caught the 70 com king in the picture that fought hard but was nothing in comparison

Kids went nuts, and my freind is no longer a virgin, does he look happ holding the fish?

Met fellow fishraider Terminator at the warf heading out, hope he had a good day

Dave

post-7430-1235979668_thumb.jpg

post-7430-1235979684_thumb.jpg

post-7430-1235979698_thumb.jpg

post-7430-1235979721_thumb.jpg

post-7430-1235979738_thumb.jpg

Edited by Simda

Hey mate,

If it was a constant run it was one of the sharks. They do love a well presented squid. Especially late arvo.

Well done on a good size fish. We got a couple of keepers there this weekend. The bigger fish have moved in (about bloody time too)

Cheers, Andrew

Nice catch, happy faces all round,maybe the big one was a shark?

It was at Clifton Garden, I thought it might also have been a shark but it headed straight for the Drum which is more like a king,

I just know I could not stop it. I am not even sure if I slowed it down, with the drag cranked up full my reel sounded like the ball bearings were grinding and gears were about to break

Bit amazed my knots did not break before the line broke between lines

Hey mate,

If it was a constant run it was one of the sharks. They do love a well presented squid. Especially late arvo.

Well done on a good size fish. We got a couple of keepers there this weekend. The bigger fish have moved in (about bloody time too)

Cheers, Andrew

Congrats on landing some keepers, Do the sharks head for the structures like kings?

It was at Clifton Garden, I thought it might also have been a shark but it headed straight for the Drum which is more like a king,

I just know I could not stop it. I am not even sure if I slowed it down, with the drag cranked up full my reel sounded like the ball bearings were grinding and gears were about to break

Bit amazed my knots did not break before the line broke between lines

Congrats on landing some keepers, Do the sharks head for the structures like kings?

It could have been a big angry king. You never know. But I got absolutely smoked yesterday and that had distict headshakes and blistering speed, typical of a king.

I have seen guys hook sharks and hooked one myself. They always seem to run out towards the main channel/deeper water. But then there is no rule as to which direction a fish will go.

Personally i prefer the 1m + king option :1prop:

It could have been a big angry king. You never know. But I got absolutely smoked yesterday and that had distict headshakes and blistering speed, typical of a king.

I have seen guys hook sharks and hooked one myself. They always seem to run out towards the main channel/deeper water. But then there is no rule as to which direction a fish will go.

Personally i prefer the 1m + king option :1prop:

Me too :yahoo: