How Much Oil

adzzy

Hi guys

i have a 70hp 1987 yammy how much oil should i be using?

i seem to be using alot less compared to my old 1987 suzuki 85hp

i have used about 100ltr of fuel and only used about half of the oil in the tank is this ok

any thoughts cheers

adam

check your oil tank size by refilling and then calculate the ratio to fuel . Start worrying if it doesn't come in at 40 to 1 would be my guess. If you are at all worried get it serviced before it becomes expensive.

check your oil tank size by refilling and then calculate the ratio to fuel . Start worrying if it doesn't come in at 40 to 1 would be my guess. If you are at all worried get it serviced before it becomes expensive.

I thought yams ran around 100 to 1 ? I can't think what our yam 90 would use as I top up oil as I go, but it certainly does not use a tank of oil per 100 litres

If it is using oil injection the ratio will be better than 50:1 as this is the normal ratio for premix and oil injection is design to vary the ratio depending on the revs of the motor, etc.

Hi, depending on how the engine is driven the oil:fuel ratio will vary from about 100:1 at idle to 50:1 at WOT.

As Pel said, refill the tank and take note how much oil is needed and then you can calculate the oil ratio.

Cheers,

Huey.