Hawkesbury Yabbies

Dhutchy

Hiya raiders, the :wife: wants to pump for yabbies somewhere in the Hawkesbury. I've not used em before. Does anyone know where she might get a decent bucket load - ideally to keep in the bait tank to be used almost immediately...Also what's the best rig

Thanks and Rgds

Dhutchy

It isn't just about catching fish, but it helps.

Hiya raiders, the :wife: wants to pump for yabbies somewhere in the Hawkesbury. I've not used em before. Does anyone know where she might get a decent bucket load - ideally to keep in the bait tank to be used almost immediately...Also what's the best rig

Thanks and Rgds

Dhutchy

It isn't just about catching fish, but it helps.

Hi Dhutchy Pretty beach is the easiest place to get a good supply of nippers from in a hurry and there's a new wire hook out by Mustad that is strong and a extraordinary sharp and is a bit is like the old Kale hooks and the wide gapes and they are available in all sizes from number 2's I think, and the largest size is 4/0.

Before you go anywhere else it's always a good idea to fish back towards where you pumped for an hour or two starting just as the tide starts to cover the actual pumping area and have a couple of pilchards out a little wider of the pumping area as well

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

if you look straight across the river on low tide and slightly upstream from the mooney mooney boat ramp you will see a small sandy beach with a few mangroves at the back, there are plenty of yabbies there for a good session - but spray your legs with aerogard first because sometimes there are plenty of sandflies too!

yabbies are a top bait for bream and whiting, the odd flathead will take them too and i have even caught good school jew to about 10 lb on them.

good luck.

Pete.

if you look straight across the river on low tide and slightly upstream from the mooney mooney boat ramp you will see a small sandy beach with a few mangroves at the back, there are plenty of yabbies there for a good session - but spray your legs with aerogard first because sometimes there are plenty of sandflies too!

yabbies are a top bait for bream and whiting, the odd flathead will take them too and i have even caught good school jew to about 10 lb on them.

good luck.

Pete.

Thanks Tide n Knots and Jewgaffer, your advice may put a smile on :wife:'s dial, which as we all know is invaluable.

Rgds

Dhutchy

It isn't just about catching fish, but it helps

If u fish the entrance region use the south arm of Refuge Bay. Gets crowded with weekenders and the boat rage can be entertaining sometimes but the nippers are there in numbers. Try not to upset Mrs Smith...she's the fat one dressed to the nines anchored nearest the waterfall abusing the loud kids all day.

Best bait for the system but everything likes them...esp the cockneys.. so best u grab a few.

Thanks for all your good advice Boomer, will do.

Rgds

Dhutchy

Its not just about catching fish, but it helps.