The Chippo Report

Matt

Today 45 Anglers ventured out onto the Chopping Norton Lakes System and the upper Georges River to once again hunt out some Bream. Chippo, as it is fondly called, has a reputation as an erratic waterway and one that rarely provides decent fish, although plenty of small to medium fish. But I think we can safely say after today that there are good fish to be found if the right tactics are employed.

Deep Holes, Snaggy Banks, Reed Edges and Sand Flats all hold fish in the waterway but require fishing at different times and tidal stages.

For those willing to think a bit about the fishing the rewards were

available with a total of 53 Bream coming back for weighing and unlike our last visit to Chippo some of the fish were very solid.

I was also very happy to see some names appear in our top 5 that haven't previously. A couple have been coming to the days for a while and its great to see them break into the points.

In number 5 for today was consistent top 5'er Stevo with 2 fish weighing 1.91kg. Well done Stevo.

4th spot was claimed by Cid who only scored his 1st Bream on a lure barely 3 days ago! He weighed 2 fish for 1.204kg.

3rd went to one of our long term socialites, Sputnik who weighed in a great 1.247kg and without a non-boater!

2nd also went to another long term'er Mark-Fisho1 who brought back a great 1.304kg.

And our number 1 Breamer for the day went to our Pro-Angler Snag who brought back to thumper Bream which weighed 1.489kg. Well done Snag on a great result

Here is the total list:

1st Snag 1.489kg - 2 Fish

2nd Mark-Fisho1 1.304kg - 2 Fish

3rd Sputnik 1.247kg - 2 Fish

4th Cid 1.204kg - 2 Fish

5th Stevo 1.91kg - 2 Fish

Mark 1.134kg - 2 Fish

Ozy 1.084kg - 2 Fish

Matt 1.056kg - 2 Fish

Iceman 1.054kg - 2 Fish

Fatman 1.050kg - 2 Fish

Breamaholic 1.035kg - 2 Fish

Daverenee 1.021kg - 2 Fish

MickC .992kg - 2 Fish

PatrickD .942kg - 2 Fish

Wacko .929kg - 2 Fish

Hooky .927kg - 2 Fish

Soapie .925kg - 1 Fish

Chopper .847kg - 2 Fish

Davew .792kg - 2 Fish

Hacking .736kg - 1 Fish

Garyl .717kg - 2 Fish

Donfish .702kg - 1 Fish

Muzz .687kg - 2 Fish

Gregl .682kg - 2 Fish

Billfin .644kg - 2 Fish

RichP .602kg - 2 Fish

Docky .542kg - 1 Fish

Pecker .452kg - 1 Fish

Dennis .430kg - 1 Fish

DavidC .323kg - 1 Fish

Barks .314kg - 1 Fish

Kit .262kg - 1 Fish

Wiggy 0

Tomo50 0

Seagull 0

Billfish 0

Kfish1 0

Hazza 0

Pud 0

Tujedu 0

Snap 0

Justin 0

Peter 0

Spooled 0

Relaxin 0

Magoola 0

Golden Monk 0

Well done to everybody who came along and had a fish. The weather was glorious today making it easy on the water

Now to the EP Bonus point problem. We have conflicting information about EP legalities and I know of a number of people who ended up throwing back EP's which may have been well legal. Unfortunately I am going to have to discount ALL EP's just to be fair. Which isn't good I know as there were a couple of good fish caught My apologies but I feel cancelling the bonus points for this all together is the fairest way to get around the problem. I am going to confirm with Fisheries what the exact ruling is.

I fished with Wacko today and we found the fishing patchy, with stretches of time where each cast got attention but then long periods of no action, especially on the slack tide. Most of the fish were relatively small but occasionally a better 28-29cm fish came in. I did manage a much better fish late in the day at about 800g but couldn't upgrade my little fella to make the jump. A big thanks to Wacko for a great day out on the water, dead 'leccy's and trebles in the hands aside

Cheers

Windy

Thanks again to Matt for organising a great day. It was a tought day and the breambos made us work hard. A big thanks to Dave C for having me onboard !!

Attached is a photo of my only legal size fish of they day !! Unfortunately the rest were all undersize... :ranting2:

It measured 36.5 cm.

post-364-1110705715_thumb.jpg

See yas at the next social !!

Guest Jocool

Good on ya guys. Sounds like you had a good day Matt. What was the problem with the EP's????

Hey Sputnik, good to see you have worked throught the "Joe Jinx" and scored some good points! Good going mate. :thumbup:

Good on ya guys. Sounds like you had a good day Matt. What was the problem with the EP's????

Hey Sputnik, good to see you have worked throught the "Joe Jinx" and scored some good points! Good going mate. :thumbup:

36102[/snapback]

Thanks, mate - it was a really fun day when everything just seemed to work out well. I caught a bunch of fish, and 5 went legal. Considering how I struggled at the last Chippo social, I was a very happy little pom, as you can well imagine!

Looks like the Fishraider Social was fun, too - although I see you had a problem with the Queen Mary - is everything ok?

Guest Jocool
I see you had a problem with the Queen Mary - is everything ok?

36114[/snapback]

Believe it or not, it ran like clockwork back at the ramp and at home. I suspect some water ingress in the carbys! :1tongue:

Well done there Mike, what happened to Mitch?

36131[/snapback]

Unfortunately, Mitch had to pull out at the last minute, which left me wondering whether I should stay or go. I guess I made the right choice!

And judging by the clarity in his voice at 6am, Joe, I wouldn't say it was a Buck's night! (Unless he simply hadn't been to bed).

Hi Matt,

I think you need to re- jig the standings.

I fished with Snag and landed two Bream, with the total being over 1kg.

What did Billfish do with my weights?????????????

All in the name of fun, however someone failed to announce it.

Bloody Liverpool supporters.

Lucky its only a Social.

Snag, help me out here!!!!!!!!

SPOOLED

Its all cool Ivan, Bill wrote them on another sheet that I didn't see when I was putting up the scores :thumbup:

You managed a grand total of 1.104kg, its reflected on the table :thumbup:

Cheers

Windy