Anyone Missing A Tacklebox?

mrmoshe

Fishy CBD package just a fishing package

* March 12, 2009 - 2:11PM

A forgetful fisherman is responsible for a major police operation and the evacuation of law courts and the NSW Rugby League headquarters in central Sydney.

Police have confirmed that a "suspicious package'' left in Phillip Street, outside the NSW Leagues Club, today is nothing more than a tackle box full of fishing items.

The bomb squad, police rescue and sniffer dogs rushed to the scene early afternoon after receiving an emergency call from a member of the public who noticed the box resting among a row of parked motorcycles.

Some buildings were evacuated in the area, including the Queens Square tower housing courtrooms for the NSW Supreme Court and the Federal Court.

Phillip Street was closed to vehicles and pedestrians while the tackle box was inspected.

About 1.20pm (AEDT), a bomb squad officer returned in a relaxed state, carrying the box in his hand.

Police are yet to establish who the tackle box belongs to and will continue their investigations.

"It was examined and found to be items consistent with fishing,'' Inspector Pat Morris said.

The street was reopened and police left the scene a short time later.

Yeah right like I am going to come forward now - whoops I mean the fisherman that owns it is going to come forward now. just joking.

Oh well one to look out for in the police auctions if the over zealous guy with the shotgun robot didn't get to it first.

Something is wrong when we are this frightened of objects.

Edited by pelican

Hahahah, that's pretty funny!

Why wouldn't you own up, you would want your tackle back! It's not like it's the owners fault that the situation was overinflated. If they don't want their tackle send it this way! :1prop:

Reminds me of a spice company I worked for. The young office guy (always getting into trouble) sent garlic powder in the post at around the same time that the anthrax scare was in the news from the US. A postal worker noticed this powder coming out of the envelope and freaked out. The authorities were called and the whole exchange was closed. Needless to say he doesn't send powders through the post anymore!

Heard in another news report that the tacklebox was actually under the scooter. So I guess a smart man would have asked who owned the scooter and checked it out before calling the bomb squad. Amazing how things escalate.

Edited by pelican