Suggestions 12ft+ Surf Rod ~$200

fibbo

Hi fellow raiders!

I've been out of the fishing scene for several months, just bought a pair of shimano baitrunner 4500 to fish with the :wife: . We're looking for a pair of rods now around ~$200 budget each. Purpose is mainly beach fishing, occasionally fishing off breakwalls (no rock fishing too dangerous for her liking). Targetting mainly sambos and tailor. Any suggestions appreciated.

fibbo.

........ just bought a pair of shimano baitrunner 4500 to fish with the :wife: . We're looking for a pair of rods now around ~$200 budget each. Purpose is mainly beach fishing, occasionally fishing off breakwalls (no rock fishing too dangerous for her liking). Targetting mainly sambos and tailor. Any suggestions appreciated.

fibbo.

Hi Fibbo what I would be looking at in the $200 price is a couple of medium weight 2pce 12'rods with sporty action and light/medium sensitivity in the tip and good backbone to give you a bit of sport on a half kilo fish and good playing fun on a ten kilo fish, meaning that the rods would be up to it even with good size kingfish or jewfish and would not fracture but you would have to play the fish longer according to size......I would give Go fish Pete a call ask his recommendation on beach rods for the reels you have and go from there.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

I second Byron's suggestion about GoFish Pete.

I was in there last week and he had some extremely nice beach

rods at very resonable prices.

Definitely worth the trip to Dural.

Cheers,

Pete.

hehe thanks guys.

Picked up a daiwa sensor surf 12", went over budget and now it's raining :(

good choice mate. i rate the daiwa sensor surf very high. i use the 13tf for heavy rock fishing. light but strong and reasonable price. u've done well

bertrand