Air Con Remote Has Packed It In

mr magoo

hi folks ,hope someone can help us out

my air con remote doesn't work and the aircon has no buttons on it to change the settings that it was last set at,ive contacted sharp and they told me to buy a generic remote for the unit ,i did this and as my unit is old it doesn't recognize the unit,i then contacted sharp again to see if there was anything they could do,apparently there isn't

now i really dont want to buy a new split system as the old one works great

ive tried putting new batteries in it a couple of times just incase,nothing

when you remove and put the batteries in it for a split second lights up the lcd on the remote and then dies

any ideas

cheers arman

Does the remote has a reset button?

Generally they are tiny little buttons that you need a pin of something really thin to press it. They are sometime on the back of the remote tho some i have seen on the front.

Try giving that a push if there is one.

Dan

Does the remote has a reset button?

Generally they are tiny little buttons that you need a pin of something really thin to press it. They are sometime on the back of the remote tho some i have seen on the front.

Try giving that a push if there is one.

Dan

no reset button

thanks anyway

Hi Arman

You probably need to qualify if its the remote or receiver in the main air con unit.

An easy way to check the remote is aim it at a video cam or even a mobile phone camera and press the buttons on the remote. You should 'see' the infrared diode or front of the remote light up. Not like a torch, more just a change of colour.

If it does, the remote is likely to be OK. If not I'd go with musty's idea and find a electronics repair guy.

Least the weather is being kind at the moment.

Cheers Bill