Sunday On Brisbane Waters

bergo

Hey raiders, last sunday decided to head out for a day with the missus and my little brother. started out about 8:30 went to our first spot for around 4 hours. using prawns, we got a few pinkies and little bream. Suddenly around 11 my brother hooked up to a nice 30cm whiting. Then about 10 minutes later i got a 35cm flatty. got a few more undersized pinkies then grabbed a flatty around 45cm. still on the prawns i hooked up to something with alot of weight im thinking it was a long tom but im not to sure.. i leaped out of the water and spat the hook. headed back down stream under The Rip Bridge mind you the 14ft tinny was getting thrown around in the swell. haha. fish started dieing off around 1:30. i decided to throw out a line with a gang hook on it it trying bonnito and mullet. a few big hits but not much on that. still on the prawns we got more undersized bream and pinkies. then got a nice 30cm bream about 2:30. the missus got a nice flatty which mind you was very over the moon with considering it was her first fairly decent fish. got a jacket. and from about 3:00 the fish were off and we headed home.

cheers gary.