Stolen Fishing Gear - Warning Mongrels About.

Isabel Ciaramella

G'day fellow fishraiders,

This is my first post on the sight and personally i would have preferred to be posting up some photos of a days fishing session with a couple of mates but instead i'm writing a warning post to fellow raiders especially in the Lidcombe area.

Wednesday (25/03/09) night while both my folks, my best mate and myself were sleeping, i had some heartless mongrels come on to my property and in to my garage where i stored all my fishing gear and not to mention where my german shepherd cross rottweiller dog sleeps, and pinched ALL my fishing gear except my new Plano tackle bag which i had just filled up with new gear. :ranting2:

The mongrels took off with 12.5 rods (the dumbarses only took half of my graphite Daiwa heartland beach rod which is why the total came to 12.5 rods), 12 reels which varied from heavy bottom bashing shimano reels through to my teamDaiwa excelsior flathead/bream reels. They also took my small plano tackle bag which had a fair bit of gear in it too.

So if you live in the Lidcombe area, make sure you keep your gear well locked away and out of sight, because the mongrels that hit my house not only left me with no fishing gear they also left my dog dazed/drugged out which has only just worn off 4 days later.

tight lines raiders and up yours to the mongrel/s that pinched my gear.

Tinniegirl :mad3:

Sorry to hear about your gear getting stolen.

I hope they find them and you get your gear back.

I was fishing off Windang beach last night and the fishing

was pretty poor but the night got worse when I got back to the

car as some scumbag smashed my window and took my toolbox,

drill set, socket set, GPS and IPod :ranting2:

As Ross said karma will get the b#*&$^#% one day.

Hi Tinniegirl,

What a nightmare. Maybe your home insurance might cover it, if you are insured you should definately ask. I know they will never be able to replace loved pieces of equipment, but it might go some of the way of easing the angst.

Sounds intracite, to drug your dog and break in while you are all home. Has anyone (tradsmen, pest controllers, contractors ect) been to the property recently? New neighbours? Anyone new been into the shed or yard and seen the gear, anyone that may appreciate the value/usefullness of all of that equipment.

I could suggest you look at some of the local pawn brokers/second hand dealers, but it would seem unlikely for someone to go to those lengths (drug the dog in order to break in) to steal such specific gear only to flog it off at a hock shop. It sounds as if they wanted the rods and reels for themselves.

Did you report it to the Police? There may be the posibility of fingerprints around the point of entry, but if it is anything like my shed, there would be buckley's of getting anything due to the surfaces involved. But hey, it can't hurt. Also, the dog drugging is very unique, mostly run-of-the-mill theives will not go to such lengths, the dog would deter them from going anywhere near the shed. There may have had similar types of thefts in the area recently.

Good luck finding your gear or having it replaced.

Hi Tinniegirl,

.....Sounds intracite, to drug your dog and break in while you are all home. Has anyone (tradsmen, pest controllers, contractors ect) been to the property recently? New neighbours? Anyone new been into the shed or yard and seen the gear, anyone that may appreciate the value/usefullness of all of that equipment.

......Good luck finding your gear or having it replaced.

Hi Tinniegirl, Sorry about the nasty experience you had......There's some sound and either thoughtful or experienced advice here from catchnrelease, and a lot to consider in the first few lines of his reply......

Years ago it was lawnmowers etc stolen by the needy, today it's anything of value sussed out and stolen by the greedy or by junkies breaking in anywhere they can to get money to buy their drugs.

Also, everyone should be careful with insured boat items, as there is a grey area here where they could juggle you back and forth in regards to what is or isn't covered under the household insurance policy and what is or isn't covered under the marine insurance policy and, in their intepretation of their own fine print, they might attempt to avoid repacement of removable portable items as well as fixed items that you, yourself might have taken off for security reasons and put in your house or garage under lock and key.

Anyway Tinniegirl, I hope you are fully insured and that all goes well with your valuable fishing gear

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for taking so long to reply to everyone.

I just wanted to thank everyone that sent me their well wishes and the advice i received on avenues to look in too in an attempt to retrieve my beloved gear.

I just cant wait until i'm back on the water, rod in hand chasing my next post to add to fishraiders.

Thanks again to everyone that responded and who read my post.

Hopefully the bad luck ends with me and no one else has to endure the heartache i've had to go through.

Tight lines everyone and i can't wait to read your next posts and not to mention see you on the water.

Keep up the great posts everyone.

Cheers :1fishing1: