Tailor At Avoca

The Poacher

Got 3 solid greenbacks last night off the beach. The tide wasnt anything special and the beach formations are poor, but a surfer mate told me about a good "bank" at Avoca. So I drove down there with the kids and sure enough there was a nice inshore gutter. They started biting about an hour before dark, and I ended up keepign three fat ones for dinner, all well over the kilo mark, or 45 to 50 cm. It was a beautiful night and the fishing should stay this good for a while yet. THis time of year is just the best on the central coast.

The Poacher

G'day mate, good to see you get into a few big green backs, I was down there at midday to get a coffee from the club kiosk and then again at 7:00 pm to pick up my son after his point surf, I noticed that the surf had risen quite a bit, so the beach should get a good working over and produce some good gutters and holes.

Hope the Tailor hang around for a while, ones the size you caught really give you fair kicking..

Congrats.

Cheers..

Got 3 solid greenbacks last night off the beach. The tide wasnt anything special and the beach formations are poor, but a surfer mate told me about a good "bank" at Avoca. So I drove down there with the kids and sure enough there was a nice inshore gutter. They started biting about an hour before dark, and I ended up keepign three fat ones for dinner, all well over the kilo mark, or 45 to 50 cm. It was a beautiful night and the fishing should stay this good for a while yet. THis time of year is just the best on the central coast.

The Poacher

Well done Poacher

There are a few big ones around at Avoca at the moment.

I had one come out of the water near me while surfing the point a few arfternoons ago that would have went close to 3kg's. Trouble was there was a bronzie on its tail so i got the hell out of there!

Ads

Well done Poacher

There are a few big ones around at Avoca at the moment.

I had one come out of the water near me while surfing the point a few arfternoons ago that would have went close to 3kg's. Trouble was there was a bronzie on its tail so i got the hell out of there!

Ads

far out man

that would have been a scary experience

The Poacher

Well done Poacher

what part of Avoca beach were you fishing and has anything decent come out of Wamby lately, havent fished it for a couple of weeks, last thing i caught at Wamby was a sambo and a bronzy about 4ft

Cheers

Steve

Ads, that does sound scary. Another raider "Anth 1" got a 7 pound fish a few weeks ago - which is a pretty fair fish.

I havent fished Wamberal since Christmas (when it fished alright). There aren't good formations on it that I can see, but this big southerly should change that. It is generally a good producer though.

At Avoca - I was about 50 metres north of the Surf Patrol tower.

Slinky Malinky - I would have to say that I agree with you on most things, except that Spring is a good time to fish!!!! - its way too windy and the water is too cold for me.

The Poacher