Penn Reel

Trouble

Deciding to buy a couple of reels, one for me and one for the old man which im allways using :happy: :happy:

Was wondering what price you have may of seen on the 4400SS model its the smallest of the penn reels..Dad allways wanted a penn reel and hes a lucky man as have i the cash and it will be the first fathers day pressie that he wont be able to drink..he will be very suprised..

Whoa..you are right there joe they arent cheap but i can live with out one but ill will still get the one for the old man..wil do my research on a few places im sure i can better that price..i hope..

cheers for the link mate..

Guest Jocool

No prob. What area are you at mate? Maybe Someone on here can point you in the direction of a good tacklo that is close to you.

hey joe im in the hornsby area i hurd that the shop along pennat hills rd is having a sale so i might pop up there on the weekend for a squiz..

Yes bashir you are right about the graphite housing i was a bit weary of that..would the slammer 260 be a bit of an overkill for summer spiecies?.. im trying to go light as possible but still in the penn models but yes quality is my first priority..

Looks like i might be buying another laguna..

mate,

I''ve owned a 9500SS and recently purchased a 6500SS purely for pelagic species on bait. The 650SS are a much lighter reel than the 9500SS. They are heavy duty reels and are worth the money you pay

I paid close to $180 for my 6500SS. got it from Victor at Anglers world. Give him a call if you like he should also have in stock the Daiwa BG 60/90''s in stock

Adam

Guest Jocool

Advice is free...and you should take everyones advice on board. Having said that, I was looking at getting the Slammer, and was told, by the sales man, NOT to get it as it wasnt suited to what I wanted to use it for! :confusuion: He recommended a completely different brand that he doesnt even stock! :confusuion:

I just bought an Okhuma Eclipz...Great reel, and the price was right! They have SS Machined gears inside so they will cope with saltwater very well! Another good reel that I liked was the Shimano Spheros! Again that has the SS gears and is well suited to saltwater use. But is on the more expensive end of the spectrum!

cheers for the great info guys..greatly appreciated

it such a hard decision as there is so much variety but i guess that is a good thing in a way.. lol Im now thinking of getting the capricorn or laguna in 1500 as i have the 1000..haha so who knows what ill be thinking tommorow..

And too add more confusion to the scenario i bought the latest Fishing world yesturday and it shows the new Mitchell reel (Avocet- Gold) but seems a tad cheap to be decent quality ( $69.50 )

aarrr i dunno.. :confusuion:

JoCool, i have the Okuma Eclipse and after half a year it pooped itself the drag washers are shot, the drag is not smooth anymore. Its my opinion and i think Okuma are crap, i would rather buy a Jarvis Walker and thats saying alot.

I know i may get bagged for this but tackle store owners push to sell Okuma reels because they get them for sooooo cheap. I mean the Eclipse is about $180, the tackle store owner pays about $60 for them, triple the price you pay. This is the sole reason they push people to buy Okuma. I know they have warranties but is it worth going thru all that when my $40 Shimano FX 4000 has caught all the same fish as the Okuma and is still going strong after 4years and its been giving a hammering. Stick with Shimano or Daiwa or Penn.

Guest Jocool

Point taken Extosea. I guess now that I have bought it, I will just have to wait and see how it goes! :(

Really liked the Spheros though! :thumbsup: